Frames Skin for MediaPortal 1.2.x [v1.2.7 - 29-09-2012] (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
July 19, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: A new skin: Frames for MediaPortal 1.2.0 (Updated 03-04-2011)

Yes, support for Netflix will be added. (Plugins in the maintained plugin forum wil at least be supported.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: A new skin: Frames for MediaPortal 1.2.0 (Updated 03-04-2011)

Hi lbr_lion,

still, a very good skin, and thanks for the updates for 1.2.0 beta.

However, I found a few litte issues:

1. In "TV-program", from the last update the channel number is missing, "#TV.Guide.ChannelNumber" is displayed instead (see TV-Program.jpg).

2. In Weather, the mini-display of the running Tv-program is ok in the main picture, but is missing when in sub-menus (for example satellite picture), see Weather_Ok.jpg and Weather_Nok.jpg.

3. No idea, if this is an issue of "Frames" or a basic issue of MP 1.2.0 beta: In the "Now Playing"-screen of music, the german language does show the text "Titelnummer" (title number) where in fact the title itself is shown, so the text should just be "Titel" (see Music Now Playing.jpg). I have been searching for the text in the xml-files, but I did not find it. Any idea where to change this?

:D again for the excellent skin!

Alfred

Attachments

• TV-Program.jpg
    TV-Program.jpg
    100.7 KB
  • Weather_Ok.jpg
    Weather_Ok.jpg
    68 KB
  • Weather_Nok.jpg
    Weather_Nok.jpg
    73.8 KB
  • Music Now Playing.jpg
    Music Now Playing.jpg
    65.6 KB

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
July 19, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: AW: Re: A new skin: Frames for MediaPortal 1.2.0 (Updated 03-04-2011)

Hi lbr_lion,

still, a very good skin, and thanks for the updates for 1.2.0 beta.

However, I found a few litte issues:

1. In "TV-program", from the last update the channel number is missing, "#TV.Guide.ChannelNumber" is displayed instead (see TV-Program.jpg).

2. In Weather, the mini-display of the running Tv-program is ok in the main picture, but is missing when in sub-menus (for example satellite picture), see Weather_Ok.jpg and Weather_Nok.jpg.

3. No idea, if this is an issue of "Frames" or a basic issue of MP 1.2.0 beta: In the "Now Playing"-screen of music, the german language does show the text "Titelnummer" (title number) where in fact the title itself is shown, so the text should just be "Titel" (see Music Now Playing.jpg). I have been searching for the text in the xml-files, but I did not find it. Any idea where to change this?

:D again for the excellent skin!

Alfred

Hi AlfredENeuma,

Thanks for your feedback!

1. This is partly a bug in MP 1.2 Beta (Is fixed in 1.2 RC1) and the other part is due to that the setting 'Show channel numbers' is not enabled in MP configuration. (see attachment how to enable it)

2. The overlay (mini display) is not displayed because the image (Satellite) overrules the video window. I will remove the video window when an image is shown.

3. I use the label 'Track' (English), but maybe is 'Tiltle' indeed better and will change this. (When you want to change it already: search for <label>435</label> and change it into <label>369</label> in MyMusicPlayingNow.xml)

Cheers

Attachments

• ChannelNumber.jpg
    ChannelNumber.jpg
    82.4 KB

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: Re: A new skin: Frames for MediaPortal 1.2.0 (Updated 03-04-2011)

1. This is partly a bug in MP 1.2 Beta (Is fixed in 1.2 RC1) and the other part is due to that the setting 'Show channel numbers' is not enabled in MP configuration. (see attachment how to enable it)
Perfect!

2. The overlay (mini display) is not displayed because the image (Satellite) overrules the video window. I will remove the video window when an image is shown.
I agree; would have been nice, but better no window than a black one ;)

3. I use the label 'Track' (English), but maybe is 'Tiltle' indeed better and will change this. (When you want to change it already: search for <label>435</label> and change it into <label>369</label> in MyMusicPlayingNow.xml)
Works perfect also!

So :Dagain for your fast answer and solution!

Alfred

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello,

first of all: Great clear skin and excellent for use with Video Background! Thanks!

Two smal things I have problems with, no Buttons/Menu with InfoService & Schedule Recordings.

Attachments

• 20-12-47.png
      20-12-47.png
      278.9 KB
    • 20-45-40.png
      20-45-40.png
      908.5 KB

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello,

first of all: Great clear skin and excellent for use with Video Background! Thanks!

Two smal things I have problems with, no Buttons/Menu with InfoService & Schedule Recordings.

Hello,

I can not find a problem in the Infoservice skin files. (I see all buttons). Can you please check or the language files for Infoservice are present under the following location: ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\InfoService\ ?

It looks like there is a bug in MP 1.2 beta for Scheduled Recordings. The button and skin file for conflicts is removed, but it looks like that MP still expect that the button id for the old conflicts button is present in the skin file. Can you please try the attached skin file for Scheduled recordings with a dummy id for the old button?

Thanks,

Attachments

• mytvschedulerServer.xml
      10.7 KB

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I can not find a problem in the Infoservice skin files. (I see all buttons). Can you please check or the language files for Infoservice are present under the following location: ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\InfoService\ ?

:rolleyes: seems that I made a mistake by restoring configurations... folder was empty ... sorry!

It looks like there is a bug in MP 1.2 beta for Scheduled Recordings. The button and skin file for conflicts is removed, but it looks like that MP still expect that the button id for the old conflicts button is present in the skin file. Can you please try the attached skin file for Scheduled recordings with a dummy id for the old button?

no change with the new file (cache was deleted)

By the way: I use Video background and if TV screen is selcted, the smal TV frame isn't highlighted, so it isn't possible to identify what's selected. Could you change this?

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

no change with the new file (cache was deleted)

I hope I found the issue :). Please find attached the updated xml.

By the way: I use Video background and if TV screen is selcted, the smal TV frame isn't highlighted, so it isn't possible to identify what's selected. Could you change this?

Sorry, I can not change this. (It is not skin related but coded in MP)

Attachments

• mytvschedulerServer.xml
      10.4 KB

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: A new skin: Frames for MediaPortal 1.2.0 (Updated 03-04-2011)

thanks, new file does work!

Maybe another question not directly to your skin, but maybe as a skinner like you know a solution: In many screens are those "hidden" menus on the left side (like music, videos ...). I recognized that most of the people would like to leave these menus with the ESC button and expect to get to the first/last entry from where the menu was entered. But unfortunatly you get to the "previous Menu" (Action). Espacially if you have changed the sorting or so, it isn't possible to leave the menu with one click.

I would like to remap the button (with IRSS), but had to know whicht ID the menu has?!?
    Have these "hidden menus" a distinct screen ID which could be used as condition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom