FreeDB (1 Viewer)

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
MediaPortal Version: 210 (haven't had time to update yet...)
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: 3500+ AMD
HDD: 400+700 GB seagates
Memory: 2GB
Video Card: x1600
1. TV Card: Terratec 2400i
1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-t
HTPC Case: mCubed classic
Cooling: passive
Power Supply: ZeroDB 620W

I've read somewhere on this forum, that FreeDB lookup is implemented - but when i insert audioCD no titles/artist is displayed... Advice appreciated, Thx!!!

lookitsme

Portal Member
February 18, 2006
missing or incomplete album information

I've the same problem - for some audio CDs I only get the title name for the first and sometimes also for the second track. The other title information is not updated.

In addition it takes very long time if I open the CD to show the tracks!?

I'm wondering because how can it be, that the title of the first one or two songs could be found, but not for the others??

lookitsme

Portal Member
February 18, 2006
Good idea - I tried to get the album information using Audiograbber (which uses also freedb.org) and everything works fine.

Is there a log file or something like which may provide some information what exactly the error is?

lookitsme

Portal Member
February 18, 2006
title information only partly shown for some audio CD's

Here in addition a detailed description and my mediaportal.log file for the reported problem:

1. open media portal
2. open My Music
3. insert audio CD
4. starts automatically playing
5. open CD drive folder to show tracks (I think this is timestamp 2007-01-03 09:45:52.506727 in the log file)
6. takes around 1.5 minutes to open folder, only first track has updated title information
7. close media portal

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Obvious question - probably stupid, but... Could the delay and incomplete DB lookup lookitsme is bothered by, be caused by slow internet response??? => MP takes long time to open folder because it's waiting for response from FreeDB, and when it times out, a partial response has been retrieved, thus resulting in incomplete listing of track titles...

Hmm?

Ubicumque

December 3, 2006
Same here:

If I insert manually an audio CD, it starts playing immediately.

If I start MP with the audio CD in the tray, the only way to play it quick is to eject and insert the cd, otherwise if you try to access the cd via music files or pushing "play cd" you have to wait 2 minutes...

I don't think that the problem is a slow response of the DB, because if you insert a new cd manually it starts playing immediately (and again it only retrieves the first track information).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom