Freesat EPG in UK anyone? (1 Viewer)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Fiddling around this morning with my MP 64bit OS to get EPGcollector working
    Suddenly some EPG appeared, so scanned my Tv channels again and ran the EPGcollector grab and I have a lot of the channels I set as "Favourite"
    Still not getting anything for Channel4, SonyTV or RT and BBC News & Parliament and a lot of the secondary channels but its sort of working

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    If you are using EPGcollector for your DVB-S TV channels, and assuming you are sourcing from Sky for OpenTV channels, then I would guess that you should go to mapping in XLMTV and LOAD your Radio channels, check the mapping and save them before you exit. I would expect the programming to all be there then
    I'm thinking that is how it should work
    TW

Unfortunately this is another one of those "it was working but now it isn't" type of issues.

If I load the radio channels in XMLTV, then they appear but there is no equivalent "guide channel" to map them to.
    Also, my "Radio" channels group does not appear in the group drop down in the XMLTV configuration window. It only sems to show Tv channels.

I did upgrade to the latest version of MP2 a few days back. Could that be anything to do with it?

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    @Digsy I've done what is suggested in this post and it works, although took a while for the complete guide to come back. Don't copy and paste the values though, MP kept telling me the frequency was invalid, it was only when I typed in exactly the same numbers it worked - must be something to do with formatting.

I've done that but the radio EPG has not appeared yet. Manually loading the EPG has wiped out my TV EPG but I guess this will reappear when EPG Collector updated overnight.

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    @Digsy Just had a look and I do have a radio guide (some are blank though), I've never knowingly set this up before, but it is working. It took a good few hours for the TV guide to be complete yesterday.

I never setup EPG Collector, I do use WEB EPG just for CH4 HD, you have to be careful with the settings, there's an option to delete the guide before updating, which has be unchecked in my case as just updating one channel.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    I've done that but the radio EPG has not appeared yet. Manually loading the EPG has wiped out my TV EPG but I guess this will reappear when EPG Collector updated overnight.
    You say you may have lost the EPG data, I would go to the EPGcollector application - 'EPG Centre' and "Run" a new download that will replace your tvguide.xml file. XMLTV should update your listings with the new data as soon as the new file is detected
    I have never used the Radio guide so no authority on your problem but if you have set up a menu of your Radio "favourites" or are using all the channels I would expect that the updated listings to be in the guide. On my 32bit system I checked the radio and it has the listings. One thing that is confusing is that the EPG is not on the Radio Stations screen. On the Radio Stations screen you can use the left arrow option and select the "Radio Guide". I actually have got my listings showing there. Unfortunately I am not any were near an expert on MediaPortal so if there are no listings showing I am now stumped and I would have to resort to fumbling around to try and find out what is wrong! I hope this helps-
    TW

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    My radio EPG came back today, so thanks for the advice on re-tuning the Freesat info Freesat home channel.

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Has anybody else that's used the re-tuning option for Freesat info lost their guide? Just wondering if it's just me or something bigger?

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks, it's back working tonight :) I hadn't ticked "EPG grabbing whilst idle", so hoping that's all it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom