Freesat EPG in UK anyone? (1 Viewer)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I've done what @Jasmeet_181 posted and have some EPG back but some channels are still missing, how long should it take to get a complete guide?
    As far as I am aware it will grab all available data in the one operation.
    In the EPGcollector application configuration dialogue, after you have set up your parameters and saved the ".ini" file you can click 'Run' and watch as it logs the operation and (hopefully) confirms everything went well, and that the 'tvguige.xml' file was replaced with the latest parameters.
    If you find some info missing its a good bet to go into MP TVservers and open XMLTV plugin and sort through the mappings. You may find an alternative source for the channel in the drop down for that channel.
    On my 32 bit MP I got all the channels I wanted except for the RT and Aljazeera News channels
    I am still trying to get EPGcollector running on my 64bit MP so I will check out further when I have solved that problem
    Hope this helps
    TW

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply @technoweary but your using EPG collector, I'm trying to use method here, but if that fails I will have to try EPG collector, although I am running a 64bit system.
    OK, sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick but I am with you now.
    This post started because the freesat info radio channel changed, (I think one of the guys discovered the audio on the channel went away it is not tuned by MP as a radio channel any more), and it is no longer grabbed by MP EPG Grabber
    EPGcollector appears to be the best way to get your EPG at this time, (as far as I am aware)
    TW

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    I noticed that the info channel returned this morning but decided to stick with EPGcollector
    If you have problems in the future give EPGcollector a go as it works very well and covers all channels
    TW

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    That's just typical now we've all spent time fixing our guides. At least I've gained another thread with very useful info for the future.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Its possible that the MP grabber using the info channel may fail again because during these posts it was discovered that MP was not tuning it as the radio channel that the MP requires
    At the time when the grabber could not resolve an information I purchased a cheap Manhattan FreeSat box from Tesco and it got OTA information immediately. That would suggest that the method of grabbing the OTA information in MP is different to the current format used by FreeSat. As one of the guys pointed out it is unlikely to be changed or developed in the future because MediaPortal is only going by the stellar efforts of the developers and its popularity and use is very much reduced now that "smart TV's" are in abundance
    So it may be a good idea to keep the information on EPGcollector "in our back pockets" for the future!
    All the very best
    TW

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    I am using EPG collector for my DVB-S channels but I noticed recently that the radio channels EPG no longer appears. It was fine a few days ago.

If Freesat info no longer exists, if there a way to populate the radio EPG using EPG collector and XMLTV?

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    @Digsy I've done what is suggested in this post and it works, although took a while for the complete guide to come back. Don't copy and paste the values though, MP kept telling me the frequency was invalid, it was only when I typed in exactly the same numbers it worked - must be something to do with formatting.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    I am using EPG collector for my DVB-S channels but I noticed recently that the radio channels EPG no longer appears. It was fine a few days ago.

If Freesat info no longer exists, if there a way to populate the radio EPG using EPG collector and XMLTV?
    If you are using EPGcollector for your DVB-S TV channels, and assuming you are sourcing from Sky for OpenTV channels, then I would guess that you should go to mapping in XLMTV and LOAD your Radio channels, check the mapping and save them before you exit. I would expect the programming to all be there then
    I'm thinking that is how it should work
    TW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom