Freesat EPG in UK anyone? (3 Viewers)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I tried that first of all also and it didn't work for me. Reading their forum they suggested using the MSI instead, which is in the downloads area. That worked fine.

Looks like that's what has gone wrong
    I'll try that later
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated
    TW

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    @technoweary, Yes apologies mate but if I remember rightly it took me quite a while to get it running first time so I thought it likely that you missed something as your attempt to install this morning was pretty short....Anyway you are right you've downloaded the fixpack instead of the installer, download the installer and then extract the fixpack over the top.

Hope that helps, and again sorry if my reply seemed a bit harsh.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi 404
    Don't worry about your reply, I felt a bit huffy but I can get over that and your help is valuable when I am floundering! I'm working at this time and it's so tempting to focus on EPG collector rather than the spreadsheet cost estimates that I am supposed to be doing!
    I actually did wonder if all I had downloaded was the fixpatch. John Sawers says there is a link on the Sourceforge forum for a msi installer version so I'll find that and start again this evening
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated
    TW

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well, EPG collector works for me as well (using the Sky setting). Takes a long time to run and then for MP to import the file but it works, so it will do until there's a better way, or if the FreesatInfo starts working again.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    I found it best to set it up to run as a scheduled task in the early hours, that way you can just forget about it and the guide is always populated.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    I found it best to set it up to run as a scheduled task in the early hours, that way you can just forget about it and the guide is always populated.
    That's what I intend to do - just did a manual test today to see if the import works, but will certainly schedule it in future. I only tried it with the "Sky" settings because somebody here mentioned that it worked better, so I don't know if it has the same problem as the normal MP DVB EPG if you select "FreeSat". Either way, I wonder if it would be possible to point MP at whatever channel EPG Collector is getting its guide from - tuning details seem to be visible in the setup (I'll try it later when I've got more time to fiddle, assuming nobody's already confirmed that it doesn't work)

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

I think the last time I set up TV server I had an issue with TV Server not finding Freesat Info or any of the other channels I thought were on the same transponder and I had to add Freesat Info manually. These were the parameters I used:

Transponder115
    Frequency11.42500 GHz / 11425 MHz
    PolarityHorizontal
    ModDVB-S, QPSK
    Symbol27500
    FEC2/3
    Network ID59
    Transport ID2315
    Freesat Info
    Channel Number999
    SID10530
    PMT ID3600

I think this was around October 2019. I am still getting the EPG so assume they are OK.

Mew

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    I set up EPG collector this morning and it appears to work well.
    It has a few quirks. The application default file loction has to be accepted. I found that if I tried to locate the application elsewhere it would give all sorts of problems so I accepted the All Users local appdata etc. as the default install. The output location also gives problems if I try to change it. Seems best to accept the default but it needs to be browsed again to refresh/confirm otherwise the application fails to locate the file it just created!
    I took the general advice and just stuck with Sky and it appears to obtain the programming data and gave an exit code 0. There is data in the tvguide.xml file but importing the file into xmltv fails on my system.
    I'll need to find out whats ging on with the import before I can confirm the data is working and as usual its not going to be easy!
    Hope this helps
    TW

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    I think the last time I set up TV server I had an issue with TV Server not finding Freesat Info or any of the other channels I thought were on the same transponder and I had to add Freesat Info manually.

The info channel is no longer working. That's why EPGcollector is the only working option now it appears
    TW

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    I think the last time I set up TV server I had an issue with TV Server not finding Freesat Info or any of the other channels I thought were on the same transponder and I had to add Freesat Info manually.
    Are you sure your EPG is still working? The FreesatInfo tuning details are still in my channel setup - it just appears to have stopped working a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom