Freesat EPG, no Freesat Info radio channel? (1 Viewer)

Percy

Portal Member
May 7, 2019
Home Country
England England
To give full details I am transferring from WMC to MP1.

I am currently using DVBlink to merge freeview and fressat channels and am happy to see similar functions in the mp tv server but, I have 2 issues. All channels appear to be tuning fine I will add.

I can't seem to get the freesat EPG, its currently working in DVBLink, it uses an EPG centre plugin. Interestingly if I open EPG centre and run it, it find the full epg no problems so I don't have a signal problem.

I can't separate the many ITVs without the EPG (current setup I can see tuning details of each one and select the right one using info at kingofsat).

I was hoping not to need help but I have run out of ideas or where to look.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can't seem to get the freesat EPG
    I have never used satellite TV, so this may well be a case of the blind leading the blind. o_O

The settings for receiving the DVB-T and DVB-S EPGs require some care in order to obtain the optimal setup. The following post describes the basic DVB-T setup that is recommended for UK users:

TV Not Recording

For DVB-S, there is the radio channel that carries the EPG. You need to go to the "Radio EPG Grabber" panel in "TV Server Config" and enable only the specific channel that carries the EPG. It should be obvious from the channel name which channel is required. The following page in the Wiki shows multiple channels enabled, but I think that that is not necessary. (It is definitely not recommended for DVB-T; I am not sure about DVB-S.)

Radio EPG Grabber

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Percy

Portal Member
    May 7, 2019
    Home Country
    England England
    Further reading, still not picked up. Added the radio channel manually and got it working and it seems to have survived scanning for more channels.

Slowly coming together, just combining all the channels and renumbering everything (have a custom channel order/numbering system so getting it all lining up with my WMC setup.

Overall impressed with media portal and can see its going to be a nice replacement for WMC, not so much more complicated to setup, just different.

Thank you

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Further reading, still not picked up. Added the radio channel manually and got it working and it seems to have survived scanning for more channels.

Slowly coming together, just combining all the channels and renumbering everything (have a custom channel order/numbering system so getting it all lining up with my WMC setup.

Overall impressed with media portal and can see its going to be a nice replacement for WMC, not so much more complicated to setup, just different.

Thank you

Hi Percy, are you using Freesat and getting the EPG? I'm trying to get my MP1 EPG on Freesat but cannot obtain the Freesat.Info channel so wondering if you had success. Regards TW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom