[no Bug] Freeze on deleting running Scheduled Recording... (2 Viewers)

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    MediaPortal Version: 1.8.0

Description
    Freeze on deleting Scheduled Recording... see steps to reproduce below...

Steps to Reproduce:
    steps to reproduce:
    start mediaportal and tvservice
    start live tv
    press record button - record current program
    ...recording starts file is created...
    press record button once again - dialog to confirm if i want to stop - yes i want to stop -> BOOM :) ...dialog goes away, video still playing but i can no longer access any mediaportal gui, have to force kill the application...

only for me or really a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    after a reinstall an an evenening of debugging i identified the problem: the problem seems to be the comskiplauncher plugin... after disabling the plugin everthing seems to work as expected... have to do further testing to exactly nail the problem...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm running ComSkip with the option 'from the start' and i can't reproduce this.
    Check the CPU load after you stopped the recording, maybe it hocks too much on the system.
    Also have a look at the play_nice settings on the ComSkip tuning page:
    http://www.kaashoek.com/files/tuning.htm#_Toc121774691

If you've configured for ComSkip to run 'at the end' of the recording, then it's normal that you can't delete the recording, since ComSkip locks it for analysis.
    According to you 'steps to reproduce' the system freezes as soon as you stop the recording, correct?

Also restart the 'TVService' before you proceed, since this might explain the symptoms you're seeing (Windows Event logs):
    upload_2014-8-1_10-46-32.png

Last edited:

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    thanks for the hints... but i know a bit more already... its not mediaportal which hangs after stopping a recording, its the the tvservice which seems to freeze partly when stopping the recording, more exactly it freezes when it tries to call comskip (i have the setting to progess at end of recording) ... after newly selecting the comskip.exe vie browsing dialog it now works... i do not really know why, because the path was right before, but i suspect some sort of problem with a saved path without quotes in setting or such thing...

lesson learned: always do a new config of comskip plugin after upgrading mediaportal...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    lesson learned: always do a new config of comskip plugin after upgrading mediaportal...
    Whehehe ;) It's mostly 'learning the hard way'
    Good to hear it's solved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom