[confirm] Freeze with multiple monitors on/off and video playback (1 Viewer)

Zuzler

Portal Pro
May 18, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
I am on 1.3.0 RC, upgraded from former 1.2.3. This happened before, so it's nothing new to 1.3.0.

Initial setup to reproduce

setup.png

I have three monitors attached to the PC. Two are standard LCD screens 1&3 (DVI and DisplayPort connected) and one is a plasma TV 2 (via HDMI). #3 is not important in the situation mentioned below

They are hooked up to an AMD Radeon 7870, current drivers. To watch TV/a movie I power on the TV (2) and switch off both other displays 1&3 via their power button (both Dell).
When I'm done watching TV, I switch on both LCDs 1&3 whilst leaving on the TV (2).

The issue

Now, for one second, the desktop from screen 1 (the main screen with taskbar) gets displayed on the TV (2). Then, everything is back to normal, except Mediaportal got switched from the TV (2) to the main monitor (1; in full screen) and cannot be controlled anymore. If a movie was played, MP goes black, the sound still plays for a bit. Sometimes it also stops and goes back to the movie details in MovingPictures. I can still tab out and use Windows. Force close works.

note: the attached log is open/run TV/close of Mediaportal with the aforementioned power toggles of the displays while Mediaportal is running. TV stopped and returned to the TV menu/view without freezing. I still could exit normally.
All this time, all monitors show their respective wallpapers, no screen goes fully blank.

Additional notes

The switchover from TV 2 to main screen 1 also occurs with any other application (tested with MS Word in full screen mode), but MP shouldn't freeze or stop playback. Is this a driver issue? How can I avoid this?

Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    While you are waiting for the reply from more informed people, I have two suggestions that might help you to narrow down the problem:

1. Disconnect one monitor and keep only two. Is the problem still there?
    2. Disable Aero. Contrary to official recommendations, my dual monitor system becomes very slow when Aero interface is enabled.

Zuzler

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    greybox, still the same when disconnecting #3

Thanks for the Link, Owlsroost, I might even give the WiP a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom