[Blog] Fresh From The Forum: Cucumber Statistics (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm really surprised that the number of registered users keeps falling back...

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Fresh From The Forum: Cucumber Statistics

I'm really surprised that the number of registered users keeps falling back...

its not registered users, its newly registered users. This is a) related to summertime and b) a result of a more strict spam-policy as we automatically forbid registering known spam-accounts (emailcheck against stopforumspam.com) since ~2 months instead of manually checking them.
    Personally I dont like those new regged stats as they proove nothing but can lead to false actions/worries/whatever.

edit: changed the blog so 'registered users' is less confusing

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: AW: Re: Fresh From The Forum: Cucumber Statistics

its not registered users, its newly registered users
    Ah ok, that's a complete different thing.
    Personally I dont like those new regged stats as they proove nothing but can lead to false actions/worries/whatever.
    Of course I know statistics can be interpreted differently. If 'you' take the effort to present them, it's maybe not bad to minimize the room for different interpretations.
    I noticed too that it was really calm on the news front so seeing this post, I immediately read it.

BTW: on the homepage, apparently the date format has changed to American style - mm/dd/yy. Is this intended?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    BTW: on the homepage, apparently the date format has changed to American style - mm/dd/yy. Is this intended?

My date shows as normal :confused:

sshot-14.jpg

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Yeah right, ?you did something?... :D :eek:
    I see now that they are back to normal but since a few days it was American style....

Could it have something to do that depending on the entry page I get another language template?
    I also noticed now that I get the 'forum field tags' in Dutch where before it was always English, is there a connection...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Bonus info:

Threads: 95,141, Posts: 746,227, Members: 88,804, Active Members: 12,913

Currently Active Users: 1704 (195 members and 1509 guests)
    Most users ever online was 3,103, 2010-12-22 at 21:40.

Currently = time of this post
    :)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    These numbers are much more positive. What's the difference between a member and an active member?

FYI: the picture on that blogpost is from eggplants and not cucumbers! :D Here you have the correct pic:
    CucumberCarmen.jpg

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    These numbers are much more positive. What's the difference between a member and an active member?

Those that post, against those that do not, amazes me every time I see a name I do not recognise, who has been a member for years with 1 or 2 posts, must never have had a problem :D

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can vouch for what High is talking about it. I call it the "Summertime Blues" (yes just like the song). I have seen it in almost every aspect of volunteer IT/PC projects. In the fall and winter Skype Devs come out of the woodwork, and as the GM of a very large WoW guild (i will pause a moment to let those who must laugh to snicker away) I would have to find raid spots for 400% more players than I do during the summer.

Very good read tho, Spragleknas. Kudos!

Users who are viewing this thread