Fresh MP 1.7 Install - All TV Channel numbers displayed as "10000" (1 Viewer)

ctrlz

Portal Member
April 15, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Right, so to be clear, what is the correct scenario:
1. TV Server grabbed channel numbers automatically for you in the past (when using previous versions of MediaPortal), and you're not getting those channel numbers automatically now, OR...
2. TV Server has never grabbed channel numbers automatically for you now or in the past... but you'd like it to.

Number 1. I've had MediaPortal previously and had no problems grabbing the channels. At the time it was a digital Freeview tuner rather than Freesat, and a Windows 7 machine rather than Windows 8, so there are some differences.

On the other hand, there's nothing particularly unusual about my current setup so I don't really see any reason why the channel numbers couldn't be grabbed. In other words I would bet that there are other UK Freesat users who have grabbed channel numbers successfully in MediaPortal.

Cheers.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    At the time it was a digital Freeview tuner rather than Freesat...
    Right. That could explain it.

On the other hand, there's nothing particularly unusual about my current setup so I don't really see any reason why the channel numbers couldn't be grabbed. In other words I would bet that there are other UK Freesat users who have grabbed channel numbers successfully in MediaPortal.
    I wouldn't bet on that. As mentioned previously, the transport stream dump you uploaded for us doesn't contain channel number in any supported format.

In other words, at this point my response is that TV Server is not able to automatically grab Freesat channel numbers.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    i also use freesat and can confirm channel numbers end up as 1000 has done for a while but i dont use them so never been an issue for me

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    i also use freesat and can confirm channel numbers end up as 1000 has done for a while but i dont use them so never been an issue for me

Same for me too! I use a TBS Quad DVB-S/S2 card and scan each tuner separately and get the 10000 on all tuned DVB-S/S2 channels. The only channel numbers I do get are the ones that my DVB-T/T2 tuner picks up. Doesn't cause me any issues though.

ctrlz

Portal Member
    April 15, 2014
    Home Country
    I like sorting the channels by number because I tend to find that the crappy channels are the higher numbers and it makes it easier to see whether there's anything worth watching :)

Without the channel numbers, everything is a lot more mixed up and harder to find. I do have a "favourites" group which obviously makes it easier, but sometimes I like to scan through some of the other channels to see what else is on and it just makes it a lot more tedious without the numbers.

Grabbing the channel numbers just seems like such a basic requirement to me *shrug*

They're obviously there somewhere, because I don't know of anyone who has to manually assign channel numbers on their TVs with Freesat tuners, or their Freesat boxes.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Without the channel numbers, everything is a lot more mixed up and harder to find.
    Understood.

They're obviously there somewhere, because I don't know of anyone who has to manually assign channel numbers on their TVs with Freesat tuners, or their Freesat boxes.
    Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm not denying they're there. They're just not in a format supported by TV Server.

o00o

Portal Member
    December 26, 2013
    Home Country
    I have a somewhat similar problem. Fresh install to MediaPortal 1.8 (although there was an entry I saw during installation something about remove very old version of MP..)

Disclaimer: I am a total newbie to MediaPortal but a senior professional .net/sql developer and have had htpc previously running dvblink (which is still installed but disabled on the htpc) and WMC but had enough and moving to something that is actively being developed.

First time install - have a quad TBS 6284 DVB-T card. Have scanned on each tuner separately (As UK \ Oxford) and looking in TV Server Config \ TV Channels. Most channels seem to have got the correct Channel number but it would seem that set all on the PSB1 H.222 Transport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeview_(channel_list) ) e.g. BBC ONE Oxford, BBC TWO, BBC THREE, BBC NEWS, BBC Red Button etc... all assigned channel number 10000. I guess I can correct this manually which I will do now (hopefully I don't have to do this on every tuner) but it would be good if I didn't have to.

So I guess this is an emerging format in the UK if it is also happening with freesat?

Let me know if there is anything/something that I can do to help this problem get resolved.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom