FRITZ!Box CallMonitor v0.3.3.1 (2009-06-16) (1 Viewer)

GigaFist

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear Chefkoch,

Many thanks for your support. During the installation of the new plugin, I got an error (screenshot enclosed). I have deleted the FritzBox.dll from the \MediaPortal\plugins\process folder and I was able to install the new version without any errors. (NOTE: The error appeared already when I tried to solve the problem by reinstalling the plugin before I posted here).

I have ringed myself and I got again the error. I have ticked extended logging and created the error report (have edited my phone no.)

This are the details:
    FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170 (UI), Firmware-Version 29.04.29 (still using an outdated firmware because my old ISDN telephone system does not work very well with new firmware)
    The call monitor has been successful opened since the plugin (FritzBox_v0.3.0.794.mpi) worked perfect for months with MP 0.2.3.0 RC2 or RC3.

Please let me know if further are needed.

Best regards!

Attachments

• err04.jpg
      err04.jpg
      64.4 KB

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D for the logs again :)

Hopefully i found the issue now. The null reference was there because you are not using phonebook.

It should work now, even if phonebook feature is disabled. If you confirm that it is working now, i'll update the file in downloads on homepage.

The error when you try to install the plugin, is because it is currently used, that's an issue of the mpi installer.
    Just doubleclick on the mpi package when mp and the mpconfig are not running, that should work.

regards
    chefkoch

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just found a reproducable issue. If you start MP the plugin listens to the FritzBox and incoming calls are displayed. But if the FritzBox is rebooted the plugin won't reconnect / listen anymore until you restart MP.
    Could you integrate some kind of check (I wouldn't know how this could be realised) or a forced reconnect after a timeout or something like this ?
    Other than this I could tell my FritzBox to to some kinds of scripts like ping the MP-PC (which I would prefer rather than dozens of checks per day by the plugin since my Box is only rebootet once a day). In this scenario you could integrate something that listens to pings. I could do pretty much everything a debian system is able to do, so even if I could "restart" the plugin via browser this wouldn't be a problem.
    Do you have any suggestion on this ?

-level20peon

GigaFist

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well done!

Dear Chefkoch,

The latest version is working now. Many thanks for your time and great support. Keep it up!

Best regards!

:D

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just found a reproducable issue. If you start MP the plugin listens to the FritzBox and incoming calls are displayed. But if the FritzBox is rebooted the plugin won't reconnect / listen anymore until you restart MP.
    Could you integrate some kind of check (I wouldn't know how this could be realised) or a forced reconnect after a timeout or something like this ?
    Other than this I could tell my FritzBox to to some kinds of scripts like ping the MP-PC (which I would prefer rather than dozens of checks per day by the plugin since my Box is only rebootet once a day). In this scenario you could integrate something that listens to pings. I could do pretty much everything a debian system is able to do, so even if I could "restart" the plugin via browser this wouldn't be a problem.
    Do you have any suggestion on this ?

-level20peon

I'll change the plugin to check if the FritzBox is available, if so, it should listen to it, if not it will try 2 minutes later again if it is available, this should fix the problem with the reboot.

But it might take some time unitl i got this implemented.

Dear Chefkoch,

The latest version is working now. Many thanks for your time and great support. Keep it up!

Best regards!

:D
    Thx for reporting.

regards
    chefkoch

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    new version should be online soon:
    Download: MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - FRITZ!Box CallMonitor
    Wiki: Extensions-Plugins/FritzBoxCallMonitor - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

Changelog version 0.3.2.0:
    • !!! To avoid that the plugin is listed twice in MediaPortal configuration / "Plugins" node > "MPInstaller" tab, please uninstall an old, already installed version of the plugin !!!
    • completely reworked the communication between MediaPortal and FRITZ!Box
    • added reconnect feature, now it also gets the call infos after the FRITZ!Box was rebooted, without restarting MediaPortal

regards
    chefkoch

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How uninstall the old MPI Version ??

Uninstall or reinstall is not possible.
    Normal Installation i get an Error - fritzbox.dll becaue it is being used by another prozess.

I have delete the fritzbox.dll from the Prozess Folder. After the Installation the new MPI I have two Icons in the MPInstaller.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I added more detailed install instruction to the wiki: Extensions-Plugins/FritzBoxCallMonitor - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

==== Preparing your FFRITZ!Box to send the calling information ====
    You need to open the TCP-Port 1012 on your FRITZ!Box to use the plugin.
    For opening the port call #96*5* on your phone.
    If you want to close the port again you can call #96*4*, but then the plugin won't work anymore.

==== How to install the plugin ====
    1. Download the MPI-Package from !MediaPortal homepage. (see link above)
    1. Close !MediaPortal and !MediaPortal configuration if those are currently running.
    1. Just open the MPI-Package by double clicking on the file and follow the instructions.
    1. Done.

==== How to update the plugin ====
    You downloaded a new version of the plugin, but an old one is already installed?
    1. Close !MediaPortal and !MediaPortal configuration if those are currently running.
    1. Just open the new MPI-Package by double clicking on the file.
    1. If you are asked to reinstall the plugin, because it is already installed, press yes and follow the instructions.

==== How to uninstall the plugin ====
    1. Start !MediaPortal extension Manager.
    {{{StartMenu\Programs\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal Plugins-Skins Installer}}}
    1. Click on {{{Extension Manager}}}, search the plugin in the list and click on uninstall.

To remove the double entry in the list you need to uninstall the FritzBox plugin without "!" in plugin name. After that install the new one and everything should be fine again :)

kind regards
    chefkoch

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am getting the errors in the attached logs since installing newest version of the FB-Callmonitor. It always occurs when I close MediaPortal and sometimes during "normal" MediaPortal operation.

-level20peon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom