Front Row Skin 1280x720 with screenshots (1 Viewer)

archaos

Portal Member
October 10, 2004
Hi everybody,

i am working on a front row like skin.

It will be an HD 16:9 skin. i will post a few screnshots in a few time.
do you know if there is some legal problem doing this ? with apple ?

thx for the community support.

bye
archaos

edit :

here are the screenshots, please i need some feed back ...
as you can see my base skin to work was blue two 1280x720, so thx to his creator.

home2yv.jpg

tv9si.jpg

videofull4tk.jpg

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Like Nemulate, I like the clean look.

BUT, first I hope you are using your own graphics and haven't taken any from Apple. I am not sure about the general look and feel, they may not like that also but I know they will NOT like you using their graphic files.

Keep up the clean design - You may want to make some other minor modifications so it doesn't look too close to Apple's own design.

Mike

chili

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2004
    somewhere in the bowels of Texas
    yes! looks nice... more widescreen skins!

As far as legal, if you do all original graphics even if they look similar I don't think you would have a problem unless you impersonate a trade logo - if anyone else has better info please post.

- You may want to make some other minor modifications so it doesn't look too close to Apple's own design

sorta like the MP MCE skin doesn't look too much like MCE? :shock:

marshall

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You might ask Apple. Send a note to copyright@apple.com with a link to your screenshots, a description of what you are doing, why you are doing it, and what MediaPortal is. They will tell you whether or not it is okay, or what you need to change to make it okay.

In my experience, if you approach a copyright holder at the start, and let them know what you want to do, they are usually okay with it; if you don't talk to them, you are setting yourself up for a legal mess.

Hooray for an upcoming skin I like that won't need to be modified for 16:9!

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    screenshots are not loading (as of wednesday morning), hopefully its just because of the website maintanence message on the front page and not legal issues. Being a mac user, and generally like the GUI more than windows, very curious to see this skin.

Feel free to use whatever you need from the either bluetwo1280x720 or mce1280x720...if you have any questions or problems with the files, please pm me.

EDIT: can see the screenshots now, looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom