Further Development (2 Viewers)

jodesi

Portal Member
April 12, 2012
England
Home Country
England England
This certainly has a lot going for it.

I eventually got round to setting it up. Installed without issue and works fine apart from PIP and EPG. PIP works but stays behind the main screen so you can't see it. This is possibly a VLC set up issue though.

Are you planning on upgrading the GUI, or maybe go down the lines of the Argus TV client which shows the channels and EPG etc then opens VLC to show the TV.

Excellent work though and looking forward to the next update.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does this application work with the actual release of Mediaportal?
    Which VLC-Version is needed?

Thx

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have tested.
    Short summary:
    The program does not work anymore.

In more detail:
    It seems that it is trying to download someting. This seems not to work

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Dear @jwe
    the download link to for MPTVClient seems broken and I can't use this tool anymore :(

Please can you fix it?
    I thank you
    bribbon

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello: Today I built MPTvClient for 1.14 MediaPortal. It connects fine to the 1.14 TV Server. However I do not have a 1.14 configured to test it completely. Since it connects to the server and doesn't crash at all, I suspect it will work fine. I am attaching the binaries. If someone who uses the app can try it out with 1.14 that would be great. Once I hear that it works I'll put the source here. The only thing I changed of significance is I removed the registry based code that was saving the preferences and replaced it with code that uses the Settings resource. Which means you will have to configure this version of MPTvClient. Thanks and good luck!

Attachments

• MPTvClientTest.zip
      1.7 MB

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just connected fine and tested timeshift with vlc all good streamed fine (y)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sounds good to me Wizard, thanks!

Here is the source. If someone wants to put it into GIT feel free. Significant changes are:
    1) I created a "External" folder for all referenced assemblies except the .NET ones. This way you don't need to build MediaPortal to get them. I just installed MP and got them that way. For the life of me I couldn't get MP 1.14 to build. I think the build wiki might be out of date.

2) I removed the registry based code that was saving the preferences and replaced it with code that uses the Settings resource.

A couple more cosmetic changes like to use the MP icon and make the version match the MP version it is built against.

That's about it, have fun and many thanks to Gemx for making this initially, it is very handy to have something this lightweight. I may try and render native instead of using VLC, unless someone has done this already and is willing to share?

Thanks!

Attachments

• MPTvClient114Source.zip
      1.4 MB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom