Further problem on resume from sleep (MP Crash) (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.21

Description
    This may be a further symptom of the bug #3 reported previously here, but with much more serious consequences.
    I noticed this one only recently as I normally go first to the TV guide before playing TV but:- If I attempt to play TV directly after resume from sleep I briefly see the mini TV gui with frozen vid, on the TV then the whole screen goes black and the desktop is displayed. If I restart MP 1.21 and go to TV it then plays as it should (direct full screen).
    The attached log shows a clean MP start from the desktop after clearing the logs, select and play TV, stop TV and return to home gui, put to sleep, resume from sleep (home gui displayed) then select TV, the crash as described above.

Steps to Reproduce:
    As in the description.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_03_03_19__09_40.zip
      182.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep :)
    It crashes, it's kind like it want to release a filter already release or lost (maybe after going to standby) (TvPlugin.TVHome.TvDelayThread())
    I remember that there is a similar issue but should be fixed :( I didn't remember what change has been done for it but that not cool.

Did you try to go to standby when TV was running?
    If yes, can you try again by stopping manually before going to suspend?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you try to go to standby when TV was running?

No I did a manual TV stop, a back to the home screen then standby.
    Please let me know if you have anything for me to try cause WAF may force me to downgrade to 1.20 by Wednesday at the latest.;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Disabling (un-ticking) the setting shown in the screenshot fixes this and the #3 problem reported in the other post. Will also test for any change on the #2 problem as well and report back.
    Not sure of the significance of this setting may have been default???:unsure:

config1.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the previous post with the setting in question un-ticked I have not been able to reproduce the #2 problem and the Windows Volume OSD is not displayed which is correct. Not sure again why this setting has these detrimental effects but hopefully this will give a clue to the root cause of the issues.;)

WAF should now be much improved.:cautious:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks I'm thinking to remove that settings, it seems to do more issues than solving it. Or maybe set it to false on fresh install.
    Like we have done reworks for audio renderer detection maybe after all we can remove it lol

Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom