FYI: mc2xml seems not to be working again (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys,

I have just noticed that I mc2xml did not grab any data since wednesdey (may 9), so that's already 2 days on my system.
    No problem here because I use webgrab+plus but just to inform those who are using mc2xml.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I hope they have it updated by Saturday when i grab, it worked fine last Saturday.
    I've been running webgrab+plus but not using the data so if Microsoft Legacy doesn't get updated i can just drop the data from webgrab+plus in change a few channels in the epg and be running again. It would be nice if Microsoft would get this sorted out but i guess if it's free you cannot complain to much.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here, not working since early May. Don't see an update for mc2xml. Did you guys get this solved?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    mc2xml seems to work for me, my MePo EPG has data up to June 6, I check my vista MediaCenter it has data for June 7. A 1 day difference is typical. Have you tried removing your mc2xml.dat file, starting mc2xml.exe, and redoing the zipcode/provider setup.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My bad. I just assumed (never assume) that it was mc2xml that failed again.

I do not know what happened or how it happened. Last guide was from May 4th. The daily scheduled task did not run the mc2xml batch file, the batch file created the wrong filename for the guide and the mapping in TV server was gone ... this all sits on a server that I do not touch, don't ask.

While I was at it I set up WebGrab++, this seems to work nice, more info, more channels available. So I'm using that for now. I fixed the mc2xml setup just in case.

VdR

Bill Motzing

Portal Member
    May 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Not sure it is the right place for this. I have got mc2xml and MP running on WHS v1. When I go to Plugins\XML\Mappings the Map to filed is blank. I thought I should have to select a channel from the xml file to map to. Is that correct? Any thoughts on what is wrong? Everything else is working but no EPG.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    in the mc2xml webpage http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/ there are brief instructions on how to setup mc2xml, xmltv, and MediaPortal. You need to scroll down the wbepage and find the info that starts with "How would I use mc2xml with MediaPortal?"

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Did you pick a channel group and click the load/Refresh button on the mapping tab in the xmltv plugin section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom