GadMei TV Card Problem (2 Viewers)

rami

July 19, 2012
Home Country
Lebanon Lebanon
Hi,

I have a 382F GadMei TV Card installed on my PC (USB tv tuner).
I am able to see it in the Media Portal TV Server Configuration application.
When trying to Scan for channels, No Signal message is written near all channels.
I'm able to scan it from it's software (TVHome Meida2).
Could you please tell me if it's a compatibility issue?
or the are other settings that must be done before scanning for channels?

Any Help will be appreciated.

Regards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome rami :)

I've never heard of GadMei tuners before, but it is a good sign that you can scan. In other words, I don't think there is a compatibility issue.
    Is it an analog, digital or hybrid tuner (if you don't know, don't worry :))?

The first thing I should say is: make sure that you only use the tuner in one application at a time. Attempting to use it in the TVHome software can affect the scanning in TV Server, and vice-versa.

It would really help if you could post the TV Server log files so that I can take a closer look at the issue. You can find the log files by following these instructions:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up all the files you find in that directory, and attach the zip file here.

mm

rami

July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Lebanon Lebanon
    Basically I'm using Media Portal for the first time.
    My objective is to connect a DVB cable to it and be able to watch Digital TV from everywhere on my network.
    Could you please help me with the prerequisite steps needed to be able to do that:
    1 - Hardware wise?
    2 - Software wise?

Concerning my TV tuner it's an analogue one.
    I uninstalled TVHome Media. and still not able to scan for channels.
    Kindly find attached the Logging files In addition to a Screen shot of the TV server configuration App.

Thank you for your support.
    Regards,
    Rami

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again rami

Basically I'm using Media Portal for the first time.
    My objective is to connect a DVB cable to it and be able to watch Digital TV from everywhere on my network.
    Could you please help me with the prerequisite steps needed to be able to do that:
    1 - Hardware wise?
    2 - Software wise?
    Those are big questions!
    I can start by saying that the recommended hardware requirements are listed -->here<--.
    If any of your digital channels use the h.264/AVC video format (often used for HD) then I recommend a modern graphics card (doesn't have to be particularly high end).
    Software wise: MediaPortal has two main components. A server ("TV Server") which is for recording and streaming TV/radio over the network (you install this on the PC with the tuner card and DVB-IP connection), and a client ("MediaPortal") which would need to be installed on each of the PCs that you want to watch TV on. I recommend that you start with just the TV Server in "single-seat" installation mode (which it looks like you have done already), and then install MediaPortal on the clients once TV is working on the server.
    If you haven't found the wiki yet then I would recommend you take a look there. In it you'll find some quick start guides and information about what MediaPortal can do and how to configure it.

Concerning my TV tuner it's an analogue one.
    I uninstalled TVHome Media. and still not able to scan for channels.
    Kindly find attached the Logging files In addition to a Screen shot of the TV server configuration App.
    Thank you for providing them. :)
    Have you tried with the "source" set to "cable"? It may seem a little counter-intuitive, but if you need to receive UHF channels then that is usually the right setting to choose.

mm

rami

July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Lebanon Lebanon
    Hi Again,

Thank you for your help.
    Well yes I tried both (cable and Antena) and I have chosen the same settings as in TVHome Media.
    And still having the same error.

Did you find out the problem after checking the logs?

Regards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Thank you for your help.
    You're welcome. :)

Well yes I tried both (cable and Antena) and I have chosen the same settings as in TVHome Media.
    And still having the same error.

Did you find out the problem after checking the logs?
    There are no obvious errors in the logs for the analog scanning, so I am puzzled.
    Do you know the frequencies or channel numbers of the channels that you are trying to receive?

mm

yeahman45

Portal Member
    December 31, 2013
    Home Country
    US Minor Outlying Islands US Minor Outlying Islands
    i have this usb tv tuner and i get this "Noaudiovideo" error... here's the log

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i have this usb tv tuner and i get this "Noaudiovideo" error... here's the log
    First, given that you appear to be based in USA, you should configure for NTSC, 29.97 fps and 720x480 here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/02_TV_Servers/5_Scan_Analog#Settings

The audio problem is likely to be caused by one of two things:
    1. Incompatible software encoders.
    2. Channels not configured with the correct audio source.
    The second point should be easy to check:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/03_TV_Channels/Add_or_Edit_a_Channel
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/deki/files/2582/=Tuning_detail_1_Analog-TV.png

Check the audio source. Ideally it should not be set to automatic.

The first point is much harder. Software encoders can be a real pain in the backside. They have to be compatible with both the tuner and TV Server. It is a case of trial and error until you find some that work. I see you've got the Intervideo and Mainconcept encoders. I'd recommend the ATI AVIVO encoders; they're the most robust I've found with the lowest CPU requirements.

mm

yeahman45

Portal Member
    December 31, 2013
    Home Country
    US Minor Outlying Islands US Minor Outlying Islands
    ok will try thx. Where can i get the ATI AVIVO encoders? i don't have an ati card. I installed catalyst but didn't find any avivo encoders in it.[DOUBLEPOST=1388832544][/DOUBLEPOST]I got video running once in preview... i don't know how it was showing video but when i closed preview... it didn't work again.. :( and did not work ever again since then

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Where can i get the ATI AVIVO encoders? i don't have an ati card. I installed catalyst but didn't find any avivo encoders in it.
    Sorry, I'm not able to provide them to you directly. Licensing and copyright issues. They're getting harder and harder to find on AMD's website. You could try this link if you were running XP:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/archive/mmc9-16

Select the "encoder package":
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/6-12_xcode_38463.exe

It may also work on W7 - I don't know.
    I think the ATI Multimedia Center was the original source, then the name was changed to AMD Media Codec package. Now I don't know how to find it... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom