Gapless Playback (1 Viewer)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
I still do not have any luck with gapless playback. Using the built in BASS engine I still get a small gap between tracks. This doesn't make for a pleasant listening experience when playing albums like mixed dance music.

Can someone please tell me the the current status of Gapless play back in MP? Is there an alternative to the BASS player that works with MP 1.3 Beta?

Cruzer

Portal Pro
February 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I don't know if works under 1.3, but the Pure Audio plugin does good job with gapless playback.

Cruzer

Portal Pro
February 16, 2008
Home Country
I would like to resurrect this thread. I am currently runing MP 1.2.3 with the Pure Audio plugin. The gapless playback is excellent. I want to upgrade to MP 1.3, but it looks like Pure Audio is not compatible. Gapless playback is very important to me. If I go to MP 1.3, will I lose high quality gapless playback? Small gaps or any other non-seamless transitions would drive me crazy. TIA.

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I would like to resurrect this thread. I am currently runing MP 1.2.3 with the Pure Audio plugin. The gapless playback is excellent. I want to upgrade to MP 1.3, but it looks like Pure Audio is not compatible. Gapless playback is very important to me. If I go to MP 1.3, will I lose high quality gapless playback? Small gaps or any other non-seamless transitions would drive me crazy. TIA.

There is a compatible version of the PureAudio plugin for 1.3 which can easily be installed through the extension installer that comes with MP. Works great!

Cruzer

Portal Pro
February 16, 2008
Home Country
That is excellent news! The one in the download section (PureAudio Download) didn't show that it was 1.3 compatible. I assumed that the download section was correct. Great to hear that it is not! 1.3, here I come. Thanks.

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have been using 1.3 alpha for many months and just upgraded to 1.3 final two weeks ago. PureAudio has worked perfectly on both installations. Bit-perfect gapless pass- through. I am happy! :D

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
I can't seem to win here. PureAudio works mint for playing back split track gapless but it doesn't like playing cue files?? When I go into an album folder that contains an MP3 + CUE file it shows all the tracks. When I try to play a track it just skips them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom