Gaps In UK Broadcast EPG When Daylight Saving Time Ends (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In the UK, daylight saving time ends tonight: at 02:00 tomorrow morning, the clock time reverts to 01:00. Sadly, this seems to be causing some problems for the broadcast EPG in MP, specifically in the form of gaps around the time of the clock change. It looks as though in the places where the EPG defines programmes that appear to overlap (because of the clock change) one or other of those overlapping programmes is omitted, creating a gap if the programmes are not of the same length (see attached screen shots).

I looked to see what my Humax HDR-FOX-T2 PVR does, and it actually displays the EPG grid with the same time shown twice (e.g. 01:00 shown twice at the top of the EPG grid, one hour apart). Hence no gaps in the EPG.

Daylight saving seems to be a challenge for many DVRs. My older Humax PVR9200t could never get this right, and Windows Media Center gets it wrong too (programmes scheduled from the EPG are OK, but manual recordings are one hour in error after the change in clock time).

So, if you were thinking of recording a programme that spans the clock change tonight, the recommendation is:

Don't

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• epg_when_dst_changes_1.jpg
      epg_when_dst_changes_1.jpg
      113.2 KB
    • epg_when_dst_changes_2.jpg
      epg_when_dst_changes_2.jpg
      105.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom