1.31.0 GENAServerController Error? Don't think I've ever seen this one before. (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just finished up reinstalling MP today to 1.31 and noticed these two errors in the TVService.log
    [2023-08-20 08:11:24,628] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Warn.: GENAServerController: Could not add socket to IPv6 multicast groups [2023-08-20 13:33:17,003] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Warn.: GENAServerController: Could not remove socket from IPv6 multicast groups
    I don't recall ever seeing these before. Are they important? I haven't noticed any problems yet. The reason I ask is because my VPN blocks IPv6 and that is apparently what is causing the errors. The first error was when I started TVService and the 2nd was when I shut it down.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't recall ever seeing these before. Are they important? I haven't noticed any problems yet. The reason I ask is because my VPN blocks IPv6 and that is apparently what is causing the errors.
    My understanding is that MP does not work correctly if IPv6 is enabled on your system.

If your VPN blocks IPv6, does that mean that IPv6 is enabled on your system? If so, I would suggest disabling IPv6 and seeing if that makes a difference.

By the way, I am not a networking expert.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    I would suggest disabling IPv6 and seeing if that makes a difference.
    I will do that, I have no use for it. What's funny is, I just looked at the last two tvservice-error.logs and they were empty! All through the day I was seeing that error and now, nothing haha. Thank you for the suggestion, that's a good idea regardless of the problem. (y)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Well, despite disabling ipv6, I can still see the error this morning. I guess the errors are random, no worries.
    I did a search for "genaservercontroller" and got 2 hits that reference Mediaportal 2 on Github. The linked items are from long ago, 12 years or so.

Google-Results-Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom