General wondering about MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

JRNeher

Portal Member
August 29, 2005
I was just curious as to why the MediaPortal community uses so many different websites. You have one for downloading the program, this one for forum discussion, another one for CVS downloads, and yet another for reporting bugs. I don't know about anyone else, but this seems very weird and very inefficient to me. Why isn't there a dedicated site that contains everything for the MediaPortal community?

Just wondering!

Thanks!

Jake

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this has its reasons in the development of MP. CVS, Forum, Bugreporting are projects and ideas of community members, which came step by step. They did just raise their projects, it is the most easiest way to do it on its own. Some things have technical issues. Eg. does Sourceforge not provide enough webspace for this forum.

Youre right, that this is not efficient. Currently some people in the background are thinking of a way to merge the most importand websites. See also here:
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10142

Flip.

gwautsche

October 29, 2005
    Space

Hi there,

i just read this thread and registered to reply to it.
    So what is the amount of webspace to run this forum and what is the average traffic ?

Gwautsche

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom