Genuine Microsoft RC6 - some buttons no longer work after MePo upgrade (1 Viewer)

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just upgraded from 1.12 to 1.14 and now a whole load of buttons aren't working on my remote :(

This is one of the old Microsoft RC6 remotes - with the two power buttons for TV and media PC. I have several and it's remained my favourite remote for many years now so don't want to change.

Buttons not working include Back, Mute, Recorded TV, Guide, Live TV and DVD Menu (which, oddly, now performs a mute).

I've never customised any keymaps and always just ticked the 'Microsoft MCE' option and these remotes worked perfectly.

Checking the config I can see the actions for Back and so on all look fine, they just don't do anything.

Running HID Demo shows the Back button press is registered okay.

Nothing else IR related installed on this system. Nothing else changed at all except the 1.14 upgrade.

Logs attached - I ran Mepo, went into the Photos section and tried the back button (no visible effect).

Help please!

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    You have both old MCE and new HID remote driver enabled. You need to disable the MCE one. I have the same remote :)

OrionHall

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply. The old MCE handler isn't even in the gui. Could it be a config remnant let over causing this? Any idea where the config for that setting is hidden?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    That's where I found it, sorry if it's a red herring but maybe try and edit it off, at that point we share the same config.

Mediaportal.xml remote section <entry name="MCE">no</entry>

OrionHall

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    Think it was a red herring :( Just changed that setting from a Yes to a No and rebooted - same result.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Oh well.. better off anyway. Next thing I guess would be to default (even if they already are) the mappings in the HID section. If that fails, wait for someone to pass by who knows more than I do :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looking at your logs it seems that a custom HID config is being loaded.
    Could you delete all files from the following folder?
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings

Could you give me logs and screenshots from the HID Demo?
    There is a known issue affecting users who have setup the Kodi RC6 remote plugin which corrupts the registry.
    You can use Kodi to undo those registry changes. There is also a registry patch provided in those forum but that should be used with caution.

Last edited:

OrionHall

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    Hi Stéphane,
    Thanks for the reply.
    No custom HID config - the file in there was created yesterday when I was playing - just changing a setting and changing it back again to see if that helped. I've removed it and restarted but no change.
    I've no idea what the Kodi RC6 remote plugin is - I'm pretty sure I've never played around with that.
    Can you provide any links to the corruption issue so I can try to resolve?[DOUBLEPOST=1462815382][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and will try to get logs and screenshots from the HID Demo. Bit tricky to copy and paste the logs since my keyboard seems to trigger the software and the log refreshes when I do a ctrl-c...!

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh and will try to get logs and screenshots from the HID Demo. Bit tricky to copy and paste the logs since my keyboard seems to trigger the software and the log refreshes when I do a ctrl-c...!

Just untick all keyboard devices before trying to print screen or copy logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom