German Trailers from YouTube (1 Viewer)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @ltfearme i had a quest. When i click on trailer at trakt plugin your trailers plugin search for trailers and give me a selection. So all trailers are in english, but in trailers plugin i have set the language to german. What can i do that i receive german trailers ?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    probably add trailers in German, on the website.

--
    WBR, Andrew J.Swan

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok but the tool can search on youtube to, there are the german trailers, but someway he bring only english trailers.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I only search for localised trailers from TMDb in the Trailers plugin, the trakt plugin has no control over this.

You could possible enter the trailers plugin configuration and change the manual search strings used for YouTube which might help you, I haven't tried it but if the german trailers always have 'DE' in the title or similar then adjust then search string to match e.g. %title% %year% DE trailer.

Note: the above editing of the manual search strings is only when jumping to the OnlineVideos plugin and performing a search if nothing is found on TMDb, but at least it can narrow down any localised trailers for you if you can detect any pattern in their naming.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You can add what you want, but the best thing to do is test on YouTube some examples to see what returns the best results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom