Getting rid of "Channel:" when changing channels (1 Viewer)

JRNeher

Portal Member
August 29, 2005
This is probably is really weird question to most of you, but I wanted to customize things a little bit. When changing a channel by default you get something like "Channel:10". What I want to display is just the channel number. I have figured out how to get rid of "Channel" which is in the strings.xml file, but now I get something like ":10". Does anyone know where this colon is coming from and how I can get rid of it? I realize this is a crazy question, but I thought that someone here might have came across it at some point. Thank you in advance for any help!

Jake

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well, this is probably not the answer you want, but you will have to compile your own version of Media Portal.
In the file GUIFullScreenTV.cs you will find the following:

Code:
msg.Label=String.Format("{0}:{1}", GUILocalizeStrings.Get(602),m_strChannel);

See the colon? Get rid of it and rebuild Media Portal...

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
tfro71 said:
Can't you change string 602 in your language file?
Maybe to just one space or so

As you can see from his post he has already done that. He is now trying to get rid of the colon too.

JRNeher

Portal Member
August 29, 2005
Thank you

Thank you for your help. I do not mind compiling MP as I have done it before. I will give it a try when I get home. The channel will look so much better without that crazy colon! :D Thanks again!

Jake

P.S. The service of the developers of MP is INCREDIBLE! I downloaded the latest CVS of MP and there it was, just like Smirnuff said, updated so that now "Channel:" is in the xml file and can easily be modified. That is one of the best parts of using MP. The other reason being that it is the best and coolest frontend ever! Thanks Smirnuff for your quick attention!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom