Getting ScheduleDirect to Work (1 Viewer)

ChairmanMao

January 21, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
mm,

I was aware of the need to increase the timeout settings, and increased it prior to doing the initial scans...which ended up with all those Unknown... channels.

However, I thought I'd delete all the channels and start over. That seems to have eliminated virtually all the Unknowns... I wonder if the initial scan failure was related to not opening the requisite ports in the firewall? Even though I'm on a single seat installation that seems to be an issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1390669961][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are the latest logs. Still no guide data.

• All channels deleted and rescanned (no more Unknowns, at least).
  • Option to force full guide update on next TVService restart enabled.
  • Added lineup to SchedulesDirect account (major user error, sorry; not sure how I missed that when I set up the SD account).
  • TVService cycled using Manual control.

BTW, should I also be raising this issue over in the SD plugin support forum? Maybe it's a problem with the plugin.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again ChairmanMao

I was aware of the need to increase the timeout settings, and increased it prior to doing the initial scans...which ended up with all those Unknown... channels.

However, I thought I'd delete all the channels and start over. That seems to have eliminated virtually all the Unknowns... I wonder if the initial scan failure was related to not opening the requisite ports in the firewall? Even though I'm on a single seat installation that seems to be an issue.
    I'm not sure why you had unknown channels if you increased the SDT/VCT timeout before saving. I do know that you shouldn't have found any channels in the scan if the firewall was getting in the way. From your log files I'd agree that this new scan looks perfect in terms of completion of data:

[collapse]
    [2014-01-25 08:48:04,270] [Log ] [27 ] [DEBUG] - DRI CC: check OOB tuner lock...
    [2014-01-25 08:48:04,285] [Log ] [27 ] [DEBUG] - carrier lock = True
    [2014-01-25 08:48:04,285] [Log ] [27 ] [DEBUG] - frequency = 75250 kHz
    [2014-01-25 08:48:15,411] [Log ] [20 ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: on table complete, table type = NitMms
    [2014-01-25 08:50:14,975] [Log ] [9 ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: on table complete, table type = SvctVcm
    [2014-01-25 08:52:27,255] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: all sources now have names, assuming NTT is complete
    [2014-01-25 08:52:27,260] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: on table complete, table type = NttSns
    [2014-01-25 08:52:27,261] [Log ] [18 ] [DEBUG] - NTT: descriptor, tag = 0x93, length = 3
    [2014-01-25 08:52:27,263] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - DRI: revision detection descriptor, version = 17, section number = 10, last section number = 20
    [2014-01-25 08:52:27,265] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - DRI: existing table version, unseen section count = 0
    [2014-01-25 08:52:27,266] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: on table complete, table type = NttSns[/collapse]

Here are the latest logs. Still no guide data.
    • All channels deleted and rescanned (no more Unknowns, at least).
    • Option to force full guide update on next TVService restart enabled.
    • Added lineup to SchedulesDirect account (major user error, sorry; not sure how I missed that when I set up the SD account).
    • TVService cycled using Manual control.

BTW, should I also be raising this issue over in the SD plugin support forum? Maybe it's a problem with the plugin.
    Ahah! There has been a problem with the guide data import:
    [collapse]
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,894] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Starting EPG refresh job on thread #5
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,896] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - UTC time is 1/24/2014 2:35:58 AM, local time is 1/23/2014 6:35:58 PM (DST is False)
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,902] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Rename Existing Channels is set to: False, with Template: {number} {callsign}.
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,907] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Add New Digital Channels is set to: True, with External Input: SvhsInput1.
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,912] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Add New Digital Channels is set to: True, with External Audio Input: SPDIFInput1.
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,916] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Add New Digital Channels Country is set to: United States.
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,921] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Add New Analog Channels is set to: False, with External Input: SvhsInput1.
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,924] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Add New Analog Channels is set to: False, with External Input: SPDIFInput1.
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,928] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Channel Sorting is set to: True.
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,931] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Allow Channel Matching without Frequency is set to: False.
    [2014-01-23 18:35:58,935] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Delete Channels with No EPG Mapping is set to: False.
    [2014-01-23 18:36:00,565] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Requesting 72 hours of program listings from [1/23/2014 6:36:00 PM] to [1/26/2014 6:36:00 PM]
    [2014-01-23 18:36:00,756] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.RunEpgImport()
    at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.RefreshEPG(Object state)
    [2014-01-23 18:36:00,892] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Scheduling next poll for 1/24/2014 6:36:00 PM
    [2014-01-23 18:36:00,930] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Unable to process any channels, have you done an autotune in setup?[/collapse]

Note the NullReferenceException.
    @geoffstewart
    Hello! :)
    Any ideas about this?

mm

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    I just loaded SD for a fresh install of MP1 I did today.
    I used the MediaPortal Extension Installer
    All updated after setting up SD, telling it to do a forced update on restart
    Did a manual control Stop and Start
    Watched the logs fill up with SD info
    Went into TV and all shows are filled in

ChairmanMao

January 21, 2014
    Home Country
    I just loaded SD for a fresh install of MP1 I did today.
    I used the MediaPortal Extension Installer
    All updated after setting up SD, telling it to do a forced update on restart
    Did a manual control Stop and Start
    Watched the logs fill up with SD info
    Went into TV and all shows are filled in

Not sure what to do with this info, breese. It's still not working on my end.[DOUBLEPOST=1390707458][/DOUBLEPOST]I decided to do an uninstall/reinstall of the SD plugin using the MP Installer. In doing so, I saw that I forgot to mention the installation routine there's a dependency warning saying that the plugin requires TVServer version 1.3.x.x (this is for plugin version 1.3.0.1). Is this problem maybe due to some incompatibility with the v1.6 TVServer?

Last edited:

ChairmanMao

January 21, 2014
    Home Country
    Okay, a partial success: reinstalling the SD plugin and cycling the TVService did result in a partial/incomplete guide update.

Most of the channels still show as "No data". And some of the guide information is clearly wrong (e.g., I could live view the correct channel by double-clicking a show in the program guide, but what was airing at the time had nothing to do with what the program guide said was on).

Not sure what all this means. Except that the SD plugin is having some serious problems :).

Thoughts?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    When you log on to the SD web site, I assume you have a listing shown as the default one
    SD_01.jpg

If you click Edit for that listing, are all the channels Red / Active? Any other color or a line thru them will not work.
    SD_02.jpg

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Note the NullReferenceException.
    @geoffstewart
    Hello! :)
    Any ideas about this?

Sadly, not much. I didn't write the epg update code... if I get some time, I'll have a look, but work is nuts as I lead up to vacation...

Interestingly, I was looking at the code for a couple of seconds just now and there is a Debug property that the previous author (or Clint @cwchapma , more recent developer than I) had put in. I'm not sure how to set it, but when it's set, the plugin will serialize the XML it receives from Schedules Direct and put it on the filesystem for debugging.

Code:
    // If debug mode is enabled, write the data to disk for analysis
    if (PluginSettings.DebugMode)
      WriteXTVD(listingData.Data, String.Format(@"{0}\MediaPortal TV Server\schedulesdirectupdate.xml", Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.CommonApplicationData)));

Worst case, you can set the property in the database:
    In the mptvdb.settings table, set the entry:
    SchedulesDirect EPG Client_DebugMode = true

Restart the TV server.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi @ChairmanMao,

Try this version of the plugin... extract the dll and place in tv server plugins directory... might wanna keep the old version too.

This version has the proper filename for storing the schedulesdirectupdate.xml file in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\ directory.

To enable this debug file to be created, you have to do the steps I showed above:
    In the mptvdb.settings table, set the entries:
    SchedulesDirect EPG Client_DebugMode = true
    SchedulesDirect EPG Client_ForceFullGuideUpdate = true
    Restart the TV server.

If you don't know how to do this in the DB, ask, and I'll try to help.

Attachments

• SD-test.zip
      78.6 KB

ChairmanMao

January 21, 2014
    Home Country
    geoffstewart,

Sorry about not replying sooner. For some reason I didn't get email notifications that you had added content to the thread.

Not sure if I'll get to testing the SD plugin you sent me. I'm not sure if you know what I'm doing, but my goal is to evaluate MP as a potential replacement for SageTV (we're building a new house, I want to add some new clients to my DVR network, and Sage hardware clients are in short supply). I finally got guide data loaded into MP via m2cxml, which is allowing me to continue my evaluation.[DOUBLEPOST=1391097312][/DOUBLEPOST]
    When you log on to the SD web site, I assume you have a listing shown as the default one
    View attachment 144161

If you click Edit for that listing, are all the channels Red / Active? Any other color or a line thru them will not work.
    View attachment 144162

breese,

The problem's not on the SD end -- it's somewhere in the "greater MP community" :). I say that because I was able to get guide data loaded into MP via the m2cxml commandline plugin, configured to pull the data from SD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom