Getting set up again, HD TV problems (1 Viewer)

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Used to use MP a couple of years ago, switched to WMC as it was more reliable though. They seem to have stopped EPG updates now though, so trying MP again...

I've installed the latest beta, and initially had the HD TV codec on the Microsoft DTV decoder (assuming this was the same as WMC uses, which is fine) but it was bit "skippy", almost like watching something in fast forward with little jumps in picture.

I tried the new LAV options instead (ticking the DXVA2 option in setup) but it's awful - pauses for a second or two at a time, picture breaks up, MP gets quite unresponsive.

Any thoughts? I'm using the on-board ATI HD3200 graphics. As I say, WMC works fine for HD channels

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The ATI HD3200 is more than capable of viewing smooth video.

Do you have the same issues if you record a show and watch that?

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Cheers for the reply. I recorded a few minutes of BBC1 HD - playback is the same, very jerky, pausing for a second or two before jumping.

If I play back an MKV Bluray rip though, it plays back fine...?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Then it must be somewhere in your codecs. I don't have HD tv myself, but I guess you could try copying the codecs from the video section to the tv section.

And in the mean time, collect logs, and keep an eye on the CPU usage while testing.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The ATI HD3200 is more than capable of viewing smooth video.

1080i it is not, that is where the bottleneck is regarding jerky playback within MP for BBC HD, WMC seems to output a basic screen when playing these channels, no comparison to how the picture quality looks through LAV or Cyberlink filters.

BTW, you might want to try SAF6 unlocked, and select the Cyberlink filter for HDTV, I know it disables a lot of the video bells and whistles if the graphics processor is not up to it.

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Ah, I seem to recall having to use SAF unlocked when I was last using MP, so you could be onto something there. Now I just need to find it again... :|

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    No insult intended, my gt220 will not play HDTV smoothly neither, but seems to be fine with a 1080i file, so there is a difference ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom