Getting set up again, HD TV problems (1 Viewer)

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK I've installed SAF unlocked and on first test it's considerably better. Not perfect; more in line with what the MS decoder was doing, so still some work to be done though. I'll post back with findings!

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Fresh logs after installing saf. Ran the graph checking tool and its using the codecs I specified. Tomorrow I'll compare graphs between wmc and mp perhaps...

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Little more of an update. I've switched MP back to the MS decoder for now. My theory is that because WMC plays back HD channels without problem, using the same decoder in MP *should* work- but of course it doesn't :)

Attached are screenshots of graph captures - as you see, both are using the MS decoder and EVR - WMC has some extra stuff including a "decoder/tagger filter", not sure what that is.

So does this help? Is the problem maybe in the TSReader and if so, can anything be done? There's no configuration page for the MS Decoder in MP config so I can't really fiddle with it in any way :(

I've tried both dynamic refresh on/off and also the "don't drop discontinued packets" on/off, but neither make any difference.

EDIT - I've tried Shift-1 and the graphs are very wibbly-wobbly. Is this bad? On a scene with little or no movement, it goes steady though? Two examples attached. SD channel graphs much more stable

Attachments

• wmc.png
      wmc.png
      46.6 KB
    • mp.png
      mp.png
      14.9 KB
    • IMG_20130101_110805.jpg
      IMG_20130101_110805.jpg
      2.2 MB
    • IMG_20130101_110923.jpg
      IMG_20130101_110923.jpg
      2.2 MB
    Last edited:

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    A bit more information I've discovered...

I've tried every codec combination I can think of, higher priority on the TV Service, indexing and AV are off but still it stutters on HD TV (yet BluRay rips are fine)

I recorded a few minutes from BBC HD this morning, and then closed down MP.
    I first tried the .ts in MP-HC but it was even worse than MP and, and the player became unresponsive so I couldn't check what codec it was using.
    I then tried in WMC- weirdly, the picture looked perfectly smooth! However no audio... so does this suggest my problem is actually audio related? How can I test this out in MP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom