[solved] glow text problem (1 Viewer)

chrissooo

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i have install windows 10 on my htpc an make all fresh. Now i have the Problem that in some textes in titan gui there is a white glow. this is horible becourse its very hard to read this text.

Look at attachment. The not-ok Image shows the problem. The problem is mutch bigger when i sit 3 meter from tv away.

The other Image (OK) is from my laptop. Both Systems are Windows 10 and i have try it with 1.12 and 1.13 preview on both systems.

is there an option that i have turn on / off?

Attachments

• not-ok.jpg
    not-ok.jpg
    160.2 KB
  • OK.jpg
    OK.jpg
    149.7 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is there an option that i have turn on / off?
    Hi, this is not a problem of MediaPortal and/or its skin but due to the combination of your graphics card and screen. If the issue occurred after installing Windows 10, it is certainly due to the graphics driver and its settings. Unfortunatly you dd not fill in your system specfications so that I can only guess. Check out the graphics driver options. If everything fails try and install the dedicated manufacturer driver instead of Windows 10 default one.

chrissooo

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Understand. You are right. Now i go with teamviewer on TV and in the Teamviewer Screen he Textes are ok but in the TV not ... crasy.

with win 8.1 i had not this problems

chrissooo

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very sorry! The GFX Driver was ok ... it was the Sharpnes settngs on my TV that make this white borders :) I thought i've never seen this before, but it was there. now after a new installation i see more details ...

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Problem that in some textes in titan gui there is a white glow. this is horible becourse its very hard to read this text.
    I also noticed this effect with the new TV that I purchased a few months ago. The TV (a Sony) has various "scene modes" that provide pre-defined combinations of settings for the TV. Some scene modes had this "glow" on text, but others did not. In my case the glow is caused by too much sharpening performed by the TV. Sharpening exaggerates edges, by making one side of an edge slightly darker, and the other side of the edge slightly lighter. For the "General" scene mode that I use, I changed the sharpening setting on the TV from 60 (ranges 0-100) to 50. This is not a great change, but it is enough to make text much more legible.

In your case, the sharpening (if that is your problem) could be caused by the TV or the graphics adapter.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom