Google Calendars Plugin (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sweet! Thank you for the great support you are giving us for this plugin. :) MUCH appreciated!

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Google Calendars Plugin

Hello, your plugin is great, here have been searched in vain in the forum. I have one wish:: Can you add your updates to the exender plugin ? I use this in MePo and update my other plugins and load the updates over Exender.

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Google Calendars Plugin

Hello, your plugin is great, here have been searched in vain in the forum. I have one wish:: Can you add your updates to the exender plugin ? I use this in MePo and update my other plugins and load the updates over Exender.

Unfortunately I cannot add the Google Calendar installer to the MP installer, which is what the extender plugin uses (I think) to build it's list. I have to use an MSI type of installer, as the Google GData API modules need to be installed to the Global Assembly Cache which the MPE Installer cannot do.

Does anyone know if the extender plugin can handle MSI installer types? I'm pretty sure it does not, but am not for sure.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    theLucas, the Extensions plugin can let you install exe's from the online repository within MediaPortal either by normal mode or silent mode if the installer supports the /s argument.

StreamedMP and MP-TVSeries can be installed like this using the extensions plugin, im not 100% sure if the extensions plugin looks for .msi extensions when showing the list (havent tested that).

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    theLucas, the Extensions plugin can let you install exe's from the online repository within MediaPortal either by normal mode or silent mode if the installer supports the /s argument.

StreamedMP and MP-TVSeries can be installed like this using the extensions plugin, im not 100% sure if the extensions plugin looks for .msi extensions when showing the list (havent tested that).

Thanks for the info. I started out using the MPEInstaller, but quickly ran into limitations due to GAC install requirements. I would be happy to use it if it supports the MSI format though. I believe the plugin installer is in the online repository already, as it is listed in the MP main page "Plugins" directory. So my next question is how do I integrate my plugin installer into the list that the MPEInstaller displays? I'm thinking it has something to do with the "MPEI Update File" entry on the plugin edit page - do you (or anyone) have an example of what that file looks like? In the interim, I will do some more research. I appreciate your help - thanks!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You dont need to create your installer using MPEI e.g. I used InstallShield and generated an exe. You then upload your installer (MPEI, NSIS, MSI) to the repository (link on homepage).

From there anyone who has the extensions plugin installed can view your installer and download/install from with-in the GUI.

As I said, im not 100% sure that the extensions plugin supports .msi files but it definitely supports exe's that wrap up a msi file.

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Understood.

I think what I need to do is create an MPEInstaller project with my MSI, then click on the "Generate Update XML" link to generate the MPEI update xml file. I will then need to place the update XML file somewhere on the web, and specify that in the MP Plugin repository edit page. I also assume that I would need to place the generated MPEI .exe file somewhere on the web as well. And I would also have to update the MPEI installer everytime I make an update. Sounds like a lot of extra work just to support the MPEI extension installer process.

I guess my reply would be "I'll see what I can do if I find some extra time". To be honest, I would rather spend it developing rather than trying to figure out how to make it work with the MPEI extension. :)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Google Calendars Plugin

Does your plugin work under the new version 1.2.0 Beta ?

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Understood.

I think what I need to do is create an MPEInstaller project with my MSI, then click on the "Generate Update XML" link to generate the MPEI update xml file. I will then need to place the update XML file somewhere on the web, and specify that in the MP Plugin repository edit page. I also assume that I would need to place the generated MPEI .exe file somewhere on the web as well. And I would also have to update the MPEI installer everytime I make an update. Sounds like a lot of extra work just to support the MPEI extension installer process.

I guess my reply would be "I'll see what I can do if I find some extra time". To be honest, I would rather spend it developing rather than trying to figure out how to make it work with the MPEI extension. :)

How to include an NSIS or an MSI installer - MediaPortal Wiki

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom