Grab EPG from DVB (2 Viewers)

Joolz

December 15, 2005
Just like to let people know that after being utterley confused about how to use XMLTV or WebEPG despite endlessley searching the forums i tried the 0.2.0 RC version of MP that has an option to "grab epg from DVB" which works great. You have to be patient though the first EPG download happened after about five minutes so not sure how often it updates but at least an internet grabber is not needed any more. Result as far as I'm concerned !!
This is from DVB-T in London, UK by the way so can't speak for any other locations.

Sorry I should have mentioned I'm using a lifeview fly DVB-t duo cardbus on Ahtlon64 laptop

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    good to hear it worked so well for you. From what I understand of DVB EPG in UK you guys have it better than anyone else.

You should try living in Australia where the TV stations encrypt their schedules in the net, jsut so people can't use them.

Pretty stupid, really.

AndyUK49er

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Reading, UK
    Joolz, I'm in UK also... does this mean you dom't have to run any other program or pay a subscription to get updated data ?

I have done as you have but when I try update data it says there is no XMLTV file... how do I update the data or does it do it automatically ?

Joolz

December 15, 2005
    Seems to do it automatically but like I said you have to be patient. Can't seem to find anywhere that tells you the update frequency.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'm not talking from experience, as you can tell from my last post, but my understanding is that it checks for updates every five minutes or whenever a channel is changed.
    I don't think you'll end up with an XMLTV file, so you may need to change your settings for TV guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom