ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I am on 1.23.
    I update all this grabbers in 1.24Pre ... Noy update in MP grabbers repo, due compatibility with old MP ...
    However there is only any point in testing or improving the best one, which as far as I can tell is TI_MDB, as the rest should be deleted. No need to maintain more than one grabber per language.
    The choice is good, everyone will choose what works and what suits him ... I do not use not one of these grabbers, I use a completely different one. :)

CSMR

Portal Member
    March 26, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Choice is NOT good. The userbase of mediaportal should not be restricted to people willing to post in forums and hack their systems in order to get software working. Anything exposed to users in the normal process of usage should work. Adding non-working choices seriously harms the software, taking it from usable to non-usable for almost all users.

The problem with the grabber is that `(?:\s|\+|^)(?<imdbid>tt\d{7})\b` is overly restrictive and does not allow for commonly recommended filename formats ("I Robot (1900) [tt0343818].mkv")

Taking a simpler one from another grabber would work: `(?<imdbid>tt\d{7})`.

I can do a pull request to change this and remove the other grabbers. Is there any plan to use github issues now the source is on github?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I'm against the removal of working grabber. They give different information. Remove the grabbers that do not work. or outdated. The search for TT is so made specifically.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

CSMR

Portal Member
    March 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Which do you think is the best current grabber then? If there were issues on github that would be a good place to discuss this. You think TMDB.csscript is better then the other four?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Which do you think is the best current grabber then?
    For me KTI_MDB (Russian grabber) :) ... TMDB simple and fast (less info) support System language, TI_MDB - more info but slow, support System language, IMDB_1.17 all posible info from IMDB (not support System language, only English - But it depends on how the IMDB website gives information, sometimes it gives localized names. :)

CSMR

Portal Member
    March 26, 2011
    Home Country
    This thread was incorrectly marked as solved. It was never solved and remains a huge usability problem with Mediaportal. Every time I do a Mediaportal update I need to search for this thread and hack the system in order to get it working again.

One solution would be: get one or more grabbers working (the TMDB one currently is close to working using an adjustment in Grabbers broken that would need a PR.) Then remove all non-working grabbers.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Most grabbers out of the 1.25 box, worked...

Отправлено с моего Mi 9 Lite через Tapatalk

CSMR

Portal Member
    March 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Same issues as in the OP. No description for the non-working ones.
    Changing TI_MDB to alter the regex to the one listed in the linked issue generally gives "no IMDB info found".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom