GREAT plugin that needs work (shared DB and other features) (2 Viewers)

da-anda

Portal Pro
December 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I think it's of no use to implement such a feature only inside a plugin - mediaportal itself has to provide that functionallity - as well as serverside multi-user handling (user A has already seen a movie - so watched flag is set, whereas user B hasn't etc.).

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think it's of no use to implement such a feature only inside a plugin - mediaportal itself has to provide that functionallity - as well as serverside multi-user handling (user A has already seen a movie - so watched flag is set, whereas user B hasn't etc.).

MediaPortal should but does not provide any of that sort of functionality. Maybe MediaPortal 2 will have a better set of central services as you describe, but I think that is over a year away.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

MediaPortal should but does not provide any of that sort of functionality. Maybe MediaPortal 2 will have a better set of central services as you describe, but I think that is over a year away.
and that is just the first public alpha. Imagine how long it will take for it to reach some sort of stable-state where it can actually be used on a daily basis...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom