[solved] Green button on RC6 remote no longer starts MP (1 Viewer)

IllustriousGuru

Portal Member
August 4, 2022
Home Country
Australia Australia
I recently upgraded to Mediaportal 1.33 x64 version. Everything works great, except when I drop out to Windows and want to go back into MediaPortal. I used to press the green Windows logo button on my Microsoft RC6 remote and Mediaportal would load, but not now. Nothing happens when I push the button. I have HID remote selected and set to "Classic" and I have selected the option to start MP when I press the Start button under 3rd party options. I'm running Windows 11. Any ideas?

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nothing happens when I push the button.
    I am using MP 1.33 64-bit on Windows 7, and I encounter two problems when using an MCE RC6 remote control:

(1) The START button on the remote is inoperative first time after a reboot. It is necessary to use a mouse to click the MediaPortal shortcut on the desktop. However, thereafter the START button works normally (until the next reboot).

(2) MP sometimes fails to close completely, with the result that part of it remains running (you can see "MediaPortal.exe" listed in Windows "Task Manager"). The consequence of this is that MP cannot be restarted, using either the remote or using the shortcut. The circular spinner appears for around 0.5 seconds, and then disappears, with no error pop-up appearing.

The above two problems cannot be common, otherwise there would be more complaints on the forum, so the problem is probably related to specific hardware and/or other software.

To circumvent these problems, I have created a tool called "MpStart" that uses AutoHotKey. I have attached the current development version. If you want to try it, you will need to install AutoHotKey Version 2.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• MpStart.zip
      13.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom