Green Line on right side of video (x264) (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Thanks for the suggestion, but these files are already .mkv files :/ I thought about remuxing them to something else, but considering that I'm the only one that has this problem of all the people i had try the files, I'm determined to try and figure out what the issue is.

In regard to my last post in this thread, I had my one friend test the file in MP with SAF5. He ran Graph Studio and went to the properties for the ffdshow video decoder like I did in my example screenshot, however, instead of having the biWidth of 1904 for the horziontal output resolution, he has it as 1902 which is what it should be. I do not understand what is forcing the video file to output with two extra columns of pixels, but it clearly isn't correct.

As I originally thought it might be, I'm wondering if it has to do with some sort of aspect ratio correction or something of the sort. I really am not sure where to begin looking for and changing options for this, but I figure there must be something in ffdshow video decoder settings that will get this to work.

Okay I've seemed to narrow this down to a SAF issue. I completely unistalled SAF and installed ffdshow DXVA with haali media splitter. Upon playing the file in MediaPortal I saw absolutely no green line what-so-ever.

Just to test it out, I installed SAF5 over top of ffdshow and haali and the green line reappeared.

More testing has to be done, but it seems as if I am getting closer to figuring this issue out.

Please test it in graphstudio to eliminate player problem.
BTW, are you sure FFDshow DXVA decoder was in use ?

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
I played the movie in MediaPortal and opened up Graph Studio and connected to it while the video was playing. When I had SAF5 installed it said that it was using "ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder" so I'm assuming that it was correct. When I had SAF4 installed, Graph Studio said that MPC Video Decoder was in use. The green line was still produced no matter which one was in use it seems, and both of them reported that the output biWidth for the video was "1904" instead of "1902", which is the actual width of the video file.

I have also like you said played the video file through Graph Studio and have been faced with the same results. I tried with both SAF4 and SAF5 and both still result in the same issue. I guess that it can't be caused by settings in the ffdshow configuration if I still have the same problem with SAF4 (since it uses MPC Video Decoder instead of ffdshow).

The only way that I can get this line not to show up on these specific video files is to do what I stated in my last post: Install the latest ffdshow DXVA codec from ffdshow tryouts and the latest version of Haali Media Splitter, then select the ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder for the h264 video decoder in the MediaPortal configuration. However, I do not want to use this solution because I will loose a lot when not using SAF :/

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I played the movie in MediaPortal and opened up Graph Studio and connected to it while the video was playing. When I had SAF5 installed it said that it was using "ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder" so I'm assuming that it was correct. When I had SAF4 installed, Graph Studio said that MPC Video Decoder was in use. The green line was still produced no matter which one was in use it seems, and both of them reported that the output biWidth for the video was "1904" instead of "1902", which is the actual width of the video file.

I have also like you said played the video file through Graph Studio and have been faced with the same results. I tried with both SAF4 and SAF5 and both still result in the same issue. I guess that it can't be caused by settings in the ffdshow configuration if I still have the same problem with SAF4 (since it uses MPC Video Decoder instead of ffdshow).

The only way that I can get this line not to show up on these specific video files is to do what I stated in my last post: Install the latest ffdshow DXVA codec from ffdshow tryouts and the latest version of Haali Media Splitter, then select the ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder for the h264 video decoder in the MediaPortal configuration. However, I do not want to use this solution because I will loose a lot when not using SAF :/

Strange, SAF using latest FFDshow too, but use MPC spliters instead of Haali.

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
I will have to give MPC Splitter a shot instead of Haali and see if it makes a difference. I will get back to you after I test the results. Thanks for the suggestion, I hope it gets me closer to figuring out this issue!

Edit: Nevermind, I mis-read what you said. It is using MPC Matroska splitter already (SAF5). I'll keep trying to mess around with different options and see if maybe I can get it to work right. I'm open to any other suggestions however :)

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
I know it's been a very long time since my last post, but I'm still looking for a solution on how to fix this problem :( I just downloaded something new that is giving me the same problem, and I have gone through many new updates of ATi Catalyst drivers and releases of SAF 5.0 without any difference. Currently I'm using ATi Catalyst 10.12 drivers and the latest release of SAF 5.0. I've tried ever new version of both of these between the last time I posted here and now, unfortunately with the same results.

If anybody has any idea of why this might be happening, I'd be very appreciative! :)

joners

September 8, 2011
I am having the same issue.

I just started to convert DVD's to MKV's and playing vids in MediaPortal, the green line shows up on the right side. Play the video in VLC and there is no green line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom