Grey Theme for BlueVision skin (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, then let's do it this way.

BTW I just created a "new" Skin "GreyVision²" ;):D
    As nearly every skin is blue I prefer something different...
    5 Seconds Photoshop and the "new" skin is ready...
    No mockup, really working...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Honesty, when you are ready with BlueVision I think I will create a "real" Theme in grey for it... For now I only change the background.jpg from blue to grey...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Just started to setup MP2 on the new SSD. TV Service is running. :D

I like to ask for some improvements on TV Multi- EPG here. Did not know what can be achieved by XAML and what needs to be coded in C# but I ask nevertheless...

1) Is it possible to show channel numbers (like in MP1)?

2) Is it possible to show Season and Episodes Numbers in Multi EPG (like in MP1)?

3) Is it possible to move the program information down below the lower separator (into the players area) and display some more rows in Multi EPG.

Clipboard 1.jpg

If you need an example how the numbers should look like, I will grab some from the forum as I don't have MP1 available any more. TIA

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here you can see the numbers:
    zwischenablage-1-jpg.155739

For an example of season & episodes numbers have a look at ZDF_neo HD and entry "Magnum"
    Information is available in EPG database as it's the same EPG source in both, MP1 and MP2...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any other changes or can I keep it as it is now?
    You can keep it. No further changes. I'll overwork the TV part later.
    The mock-up of the TV view in first post is not uptodate, but I want to implement larger channel logos and some color and shape adjustments.
    When The MIA rework takes longer I might touch this part earlier than planned :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Here is a "quick&dirty" Grey Theme for Blue Vision...
    preview.jpg

Just extract the 7z to your plugins folder and select new theme in Client settings...

I need to adjust some settings in colors.xaml but haven't found the needed entries jet. So this is a V 0.1 Alpha...

Attachments

• BlueVision.7z
      2.5 MB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tell me, what you want to change
    In general I like to change all "blue" lines to grey. Something like that:
    Clipboard 1.jpg

By the way, is it possible to remove the "watched" eye and only display a logo if the episode (movie,...) is unwatched? This will be easier a lot to see at first sight what's watched and what isn't. The two used logos are nearly identical so it's hard to see which one is applied.

And as I'm on suggesting things already;) , I have some more suggestions.

Is is possible to have the recent weather in top right corner, above (or next to) the clock and the date?
    Something like this:
    Clipboard 2.jpg

If needed I can create a mockup...

Is is possible to have some RSS feeds scrolling on bottom, if nothing else is displayed there? (Similar to Titanium skin)

And can we have an indicator if a TV recording recently is running?
    Probably this needs some things to be added to the Interface first, similar to episodes numbers in EPG...

Some minor glitches I found on TV section. The duration is not positioned where it should be. So when you start working on that part, have a look at this, please:
    Clipboard 3.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,

many questions / requests :D Let's see, if I can answer all positively ;)

In general I like to change all "blue" lines to grey. Something like that:
    You can change the colors here:
    By the way, is it possible to remove the "watched" eye and only display a logo if the episode (movie,...) is unwatched? This will be easier a lot to see at first sight what's watched and what isn't. The two used logos are nearly identical so it's hard to see which one is applied.
    I was considering same thing. current logo really hard to differentiate. It's on my list together with a new icon for the audio section (ear instead of eye)

Is is possible to have the recent weather in top right corner, above (or next to) the clock and the date?
    Something like this:
    Is is possible to have some RSS feeds scrolling on bottom, if nothing else is displayed there? (Similar to Titanium skin)
    For Bluevision I do not want to implement this into every screen. This would be the start making the skin overloaded (Thats why I do not like many skins and reading lot of forums also for KODI etc. makes me feel this is a problem. people are lost in features). I want to keep it lean. But I plan to implement a home screen (if you scroll some posts earlier, you will find a mock-up). The home screen contains latest media, weather infos, news and possibly other infos. Therefore I guess your request is at least partly fulfilled :)

And can we have an indicator if a TV recording recently is running?
    I think I can not answer this. Theoretically should be possible, but how and where will be answered by time. I could imagine a small symbol in upper right corner. This space could be also used for other notifications as errors, warnings, infos (E.g. currently importing)

Some minor glitches I found on TV section. The duration is not positioned where it should be. So when you start working on that part, have a look at this, please:
    As morpheus_xx said, it's a issue with setting an unfeasible margin. Can be easily corrected. Since I do not have a TV-tuner in my "work-PC" I currently can not check too much about the TV design. I need to do those adjustments in the living room with my HTPC --> I have to tell my wife and daughter to leave --> I need a good strategy at first :D;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is there a way to respect the ratio of the cover gfx shown in "Browse media"?
    Clipboard 1.jpg

As you can see here only a small part of the cover is used:
    Clipboard 2.jpg

The picture that is used as source for this looks like this in total:
    S2015E0406 - Unterwegs auf der Döllnitzbahn.jpg

It would be nice, if the cover is shown completely. If it is landscape oriented it should be looking as now, but if the cover is portrait oriented it should be looking similar to the view in movies, showing the whole cover...

Those cover and background from this sample are generated by MKV Buddy so it's easy to have such for (nearly) every video one might have... BTW, the naming of this gfx has to be {videoname}.jpg for the cover and {videoname}-fanart.jpg for the background. With this names they are shown in "Browse Media". Maybe other filenames are possible too, but those are the names I found working properly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom