Grey Theme for BlueVision skin (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Finally I found a good looking compromise for BlueVision V0.6 between posters in "browse Media" view
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

and Thumbs in "Series" view.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

I first defined the width only but this leads to some unexpected and unwanted behaviour resulting in not displaying some posters at all. When I define the height only, this is working but now I need to set "Big List" view in Browse media and "Small List" view in Series.

What I still did not find is the right place to address this issue:
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

I need a different aspect ratio here too but simply did not find where this is defined in which xaml file. If someone is interested I've attached my MediaStyles.xaml file.

The new dialogue is looking great, much better than before. (y)

The menu configuration was/is compatible with the old one. Only Thing I need to redo now is the montage for the "pictures" button. I've made this to fit the "old" text position and now there is a grey border below the montage that it isn't that good looking any longer.
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

By the way, has someone confirmed the bug (or not, I don't know) in skin engine displaying the "fallback" image first and after a while starts to show the "real" image? This gives not that nice flicker while browsing especially if you went through the list for the first time after a start of MP2 Client....

Attachments

• MediaStyles.7z
      8.2 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I need a different aspect ratio here too but simply did not find where this is defined in which xaml file.
    "BrowseMedia", "Episodes" and "Videos" share the same code so far. You can find the size properties in following code:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...n/themes/default/styles/MediaStyles.xaml#L734

Just be aware, playing with the properties in GridView is not as easy as in the ListView, because changing the height/width by only 1 pixel can influence the amount of displayed columns and rows.
    I adjusted my properties, that the space is used completely and border lines / gaps are fitting.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I have changed the grid view for "videos" to the same as Movies or Series is. Looking great imho...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

I think this will be my "default" for "Browse Media"

And it is acceptable in episodes too.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

But I will keep using list view here. More informations then.

The most important thing I'm missing now is a "watched, partially watched, unwatched" indicator in series view. I'm loosing track about series which has unwatched episodes. Sometime I need to run MP2-Edit only to get a cue about this. Here it is shown as it's easily available by a simple db query. But I think this information sadly isn't available for the skin engine up to now...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I can provide some screenshots with the "Grey" theme. Maybe good to show how easy it is to personalize MP2...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Here is a refreshed and striped down grey theme folder. Maybe it can be included into the release, It's tiny but great looking...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Attachments

• Grey.7z
      293.6 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've done some more buttons in the "bubble style" @ge2301 has introduced lately... Those buttons really looking great and fits nicely with my grey theme. That's why I've done some more. Maybe someone also likes them...
    Only thing I really don't like was the button for "browse media". So I made a different one and as I'm on work I've done a button for movies and for series too... The series button is inspired by the original pictures button...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

For music I had to use the "Pink Floyd Cover Bodypainting" picture again. That's why I take the original music button for Webradio plugin.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

And I also add a button for Tools and App Launcher.
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

I've attached the button images at full size, if someone wants to use them

Attachments

• AppLauncher_button.jpg
      AppLauncher_button.jpg
      374.3 KB
    • BrowseMedia_button.jpg
      BrowseMedia_button.jpg
      414.7 KB
    • Movies_button.jpg
      Movies_button.jpg
      616.2 KB
    • Music_button.jpg
      Music_button.jpg
      474.4 KB
    • Series_button.jpg
      Series_button.jpg
      1,004.2 KB
    • Tools_button.jpg
      Tools_button.jpg
      537.1 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Next two buttons. Now for Latest media and Playlists, the missing two buttons on the third screenshot.
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Attached are the latest two buttons in full size and the grey theme folder. This is containing all the new buttons with fitting names (GUID of the plugin they are standing for) so they are usable directly.

Attachments

• LatestMedia_button.jpg
      LatestMedia_button.jpg
      478.4 KB
    • playlist_button.jpg
      playlist_button.jpg
      347.8 KB
    • Grey.7z
      4.4 MB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Another button done, this time for "MPPhotoSlideshow2".
    @ge2301 I believe this plugin should be in "Pictures" section of Menu, not in "Others" as it is now. Attached is the plugin.xml for this to work with latest testbuilds.

Attachments

• PhotoSlideshow_button.jpg
      PhotoSlideshow_button.jpg
      487.9 KB
    • plugin.7z
      1.1 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I believe this plugin should be in "Pictures" section of Menu, not in "Others" as it is now.
    Agree here. But honestly I have no idea, where the position of the tile is defined. I think it's in the C# code of Menu model, so out of my scope.
    I'd like to change some positions and sizes of tiles as you did manually, but predefined. On the other hand this could be a future feature. In best case the user can define the positions and sizes freely.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Agree here. But honestly I have no idea, where the position of the tile is defined. I think it's in the C# code of Menu model, so out of my scope.
    No, it needs to be defined in the "MediaPortal.UiComponents.BlueVision.Settings.MenuSettings.xml". I did the same with AppLauncher (GUID 873eb147-c998-4632-8f86-d5e24062be2e) when I modified the menu settings earlier.
    I will try to do this later today and add the code lines here, if you want. By the way, special skin files are not necessary as this plugin directly starts with the configured slideshow when clicking the button...

I found a backup of my old settings file. Here is the area where I added AppLauncher to the "Settings" menu.
    <PairOfStringSerializableDictionaryOfGuidGridPosition>
    <Key>[Menu.Settings]</Key>
    <Value>
    <ArrayOfPairOfGuidGridPosition>
    <PairOfGuidGridPosition>
    <Key>873eb147-c998-4632-8f86-d5e24062be2e</Key>
    <Value>
    <Row>0</Row>
    <RowSpan>3</RowSpan>
    <Column>0</Column>
    <ColumnSpan>5</ColumnSpan>
    </Value>
    </PairOfGuidGridPosition>
    <PairOfGuidGridPosition>
    <Key>02992bec-1e6d-4c29-8d79-f95f59e3f625</Key>
    <Value>
    <Row>3</Row>
    <RowSpan>3</RowSpan>
    <Column>0</Column>
    <ColumnSpan>5</ColumnSpan>
    </Value>
    <PairOfGuidGridPosition>
    <Key>f6255762-c52a-4231-9e67-14c28735216e</Key>
    <Value>
    <Row>0</Row>
    <RowSpan>6</RowSpan>
    <Column>5</Column>
    <ColumnSpan>11</ColumnSpan>
    </Value>
    </ArrayOfPairOfGuidGridPosition>
    </Value>
    </PairOfStringSerializableDictionaryOfGuidGridPosition>

The GUID of PhotoSlideShow is "B78F4A38-D719-4FE3-BE56-D24F8C568400". You must use it as value for a "Key" tag...

I also can make a complete new MediaPortal.UiComponents.BlueVision.Settings.MenuSettings.xml with changes to tiles as you want it if you don't find the time. I only need clear instructions what you want where.

Sadly not all can be added this way. e.G. "Now Playing" only is visible when in "Others" menu...

Edit:
    Corrected the needed GUID for PhotoSlideshow

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom