Grey Theme for BlueVision skin (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you please tell me where I can find the aspect ratio for this screen so I can modify it myself. I only need portrait oriented gfx here, so I want to change this to my personal needs, thanks.
    If you like to have a stable grid with flexibel aspects, then change this code with:
    HTML:
          <Grid MaxWidth="193" MaxHeight="128" OpacityMask="{ThemeResource MediaItemsOpacityBrushNormal}">
            <Image Source="{Binding MediaItem}" Stretch="Uniform" FallbackSource="VideoNormal.png"
                    HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center"/>       
            <Image HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" >
              <Image.Source>
                <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource ExpressionMultiValueConverter}" ConverterParameter="{}{0} == 0 ? {1} : {2}">
                  <Binding Path="PlayCount"/>
                  <Binding Source="UnwatchedTab_small.png"/>
                  <Binding Source=""/>
                </MultiBinding>
              </Image.Source>
            </Image>
          </Grid>

Result:
    Unbenannt.jpg
    rounded corners are lost with flexibel grid, since depending on the aspect ratio different masks are used. This might be not necessary any more with DX11.

For the list view just take the code from movie and replace/adjust the code in video to have a poster aspect for videos.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    In Grid view this really did not look good. But in List view (as on my sample) this will look better a lot as there only is a single gfx to show.
    But I can live with Poster view only in videos, as long as this did not influence on series episodes view as this is the only place where I need landscape gfx (thumbnails from episode). Will show results when I'm done...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks, that helped a lot. Now I have first results.
    Clipboard 1.jpg

Need to fine tune the series view (bring genre and star rating on different lines. Then I think I will raise the height a bit more, But I think I can manage it. It really is a pity that there is no separate styles definition for series...
    Clipboard 2.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've decided to remove the stars completely. Was much easier to achieve... ;)
    Now I can use it until the MIA rework is done.
    Series View:
    Clipboard 1.jpg

Video View with a "real" cover:
    Clipboard 2.jpg

and with a "self-made" cover:
    Clipboard 3.jpg

Grid View is not changed by those modifications.
    Clipboard 4.jpg

Imho it looks better a lot, at least for the way I've prepared my videos.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Here is the new "Grey Theme" with some more changed graphics, the modifications I've done to the listview and a "strings_de.xml". It should work with the recent Weekly and with newer versions too...
    Videohub:
    Clipboard 1.jpg

Browse Media:
    Clipboard 2.jpg

TV section:
    Clipboard 3.jpg

News section:
    Clipboard 4.jpg

Here I did not find all necessary GUID to add button graphics. By the way, I would prefer to have the items bigger a lot. For my taste there is too much wasted space:
    Clipboard 5.jpg

Can someone point me in the right direction where I can find this screen file and how to modify it?

Attachments

• GreyTheme.7z
      5.3 MB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We don't have an editor yet, but experienced users can customize the menu by editing the config file: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\MediaPortal.UiComponents.BlueVision.Settings.MenuSettings.xml

Example:
    XML:
            <PairOfStringSerializableDictionaryOfGuidGridPosition>
              <Key>[Menu.News]</Key>
              <Value>
                <ArrayOfPairOfGuidGridPosition>
                  <PairOfGuidGridPosition>
                    <Key>bb49a591-7705-408f-8177-45d633fdfad0</Key>
                    <Value>
                      <Row>0</Row>
                      <RowSpan>3</RowSpan>
                      <Column>0</Column>
                      <ColumnSpan>6</ColumnSpan>
                    </Value>
                  </PairOfGuidGridPosition>
    --> PairOfStringSerializableDictionaryOfGuidGridPosition:Key is the group menu label
    --> PairOfGuidGridPosition:Key is the Workflow-ActionID (defined in plugin file like https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ews/Skin/default/workflow/news-actions.xml#L5)
    --> Row, RowSpan, Column and ColumnSpan define the "tile" size.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Fiddling with the config file gives nice options... :)
    Now I have the menu mostly like I want it. The home screen who gives me such long delays I could remove here so I did it. Also I would prefer to remove "others" too, this did not work. Later I wanted to add weather forecast between menu and date/time and this will give a bit more space. But nevertheless the skin is looking great to my taste:
    Settings:
    Clipboard 1.jpg
    Here I've added "App Launcher" and "Tools" as I need them more often.

Videohub:
    Clipboard 2.jpg

Here I don't change much. Swapped positions of "Movies" and "Online Videos" (nicer navigation for my personal needs) and replace some gfx.

TV:
    Clipboard 3.jpg
    Also swapped some positions to better fit my navigation needs and replace some gfx.

News:
    Clipboard 4.jpg

Here I changed size and gfx. Weather gfx is photographed by me, the view out of my front door on some winter day five years ago...

Music:
    Clipboard 5.jpg

Also changed size and exchanged some gfx. Positions are swapped too.

Pictures:
    Clipboard 1.jpg
    Here I did a "full size" item and use as gfx a montage from some of my (self-made) pictures. Now here is the "right" montage.

Last but not least, the "Others" menu:
    Clipboard 7.jpg
    Here you can not change position and size of items. The only thing I could achieve is adding gfx to the items.

Now I need to add weather forecast on top next to date/time and a news ticker on bottom. The news ticker only should be visible if nothing else is shown in this area. But first I need to find out how I can do this, if ever I'm able to do so...
    With those two additions the "front" of the skin is exactly as I would like it.

Edit:
    Replaced a screenshot...

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another question, please.
    Did you change a lot on "MediaStyles.xaml" with V0.6? As this is the only xaml file (excerpt of the colours) I've touched in my theme I want to know if I can keep my version or if I need to edit the new file to my needs again. (You know I need to have portrait oriented covers in "Browse media" but not in "Series"...)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another question, please.
    Did you change a lot on "MediaStyles.xaml" with V0.6? As this is the only xaml file (excerpt of the colours) I've touched in my theme I want to know if I can keep my version or if I need to edit the new file to my needs again. (You know I need to have portrait oriented covers in "Browse media" but not in "Series"...)
    Yes, there are quite a lot of changes in V6. I think you just changed the aspect ratio of video poster, this you would need to redo.
    Regarding your changes in the settings file to rearrange the button sizes and positions, I think it should be compatible with V6. But I can not promise :unsure:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks.
    Then I need another day before I can change to V0.6. As this is my "productive" system I need things working as good as possible. The other systems I have are with 4:3 displays so no MP2 skin really is looking great. Maybe I'll port BlueVision to 4:3 display in future, but I need more time than I have (also I'm unemployed due to heath reasons).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom