Grouping of movies (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Except for the concert category that I've added and the one I removed, everything is still default.
    When changing the menu - by adding/removing categories - is that modification applied immediately without any extra handling in MePo?
    But aside from the presentation from the menu, the filtering doesn't seem to work correct either since the concerts are displayed with the movies... :confused:

There is that 'Convert to Regular Menu Item' button in the menu editor but it seems to be greyed out.
    Does that have a relation to my issue?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't know what the 'Convert to Regular Menu Item' button does I'm afraid - have you looked at the wiki?

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins/MovingPictures

For me, I deleted all the pre-defined categories then set up new categories as described in my previous post (all empty top level items) and used the full path filter to define them. Then clicked okay a few times and fired up MediaPortal and they were all there.

EDIT: Hang on - you have added one 'Concert Category' but told it to include the full path of both concerts AND movies?

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Uhm...
    My screenshots contain 2 different filters for the corresponding category:
    1) category 'Concert' has 1 filter 'Full Path' 'begins with' 'E:\MultiMedia\Video\Music'
    2) category 'All Movies' has 1 filter 'Full Path' 'begins with' 'E:\MultiMedia\Video\Movies'
    That seems right to me, no?

The wiki doesn't seem to mention that button/function (Convert to Regular Menu Item) although I have the impression that this might generate the modified menu structure for MePo.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What you are describing sounds absolutely correct to me, I noticed in your screenshot that the movie name isn't filled in for movies, so I wondered for a moment whether you had combined them accidentally!

So, with the settings you describe you should go into Moving Pictures within MediaPortal, navigate to the Concert category and find in there all of the concerts that are stored within 'E:\MultiMedia\Video\Music' and no others.

If that still isn't working, I would try setting up the category again, ensuring you do the empty / top level menu item as I described in post 20.

If that STILL doesn't work, I am afraid I probably can't help, as that is about as much as I know about it. But hopefully RoChess might be along to help you further.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Yeah, I also noticed that I didn't add a name for that filter. Adding one doesn't change anything.
    I bit the bullet and removed all the categories, even then they still show up in MePo.
    Adding just the concert category with the right filter first and also removing the plugin, installing it again and creating - after having removed all of them - a new category, gives the same result strangely...

Finally, filtering and modifying the categories works in the plugin but changes are not applied to MePo apparently.
    Thanks anyway for sticking with me, am off for lunch now.
    Have a nice sunday!

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    YESSSSS, I found the reason! :rolleyes:
    I was modifying the menu through the 'Movie Manager' tab by clicking on the 3 dots button behind the roll out field for the categories which also presents a 'Menu Editor' window.
    Following your question I searched that option - which was ticked - but so I landed in the 'GUI Settings' tab where I noticed the 'Define Movie Categories' button - had seen it before but mainly stayed focused on the 'Movie Manager' and 'Movie Importer' tab, so I missed that... :oops:
    There, the Menu Editor window has more options and changes made there do obviously modify the menu in MePo, so the mystery is solved.
    Thank you A LOT again lisag for helping out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom