[NVIDIA] GT430 vs GT520 (2 Viewers)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thanks for the input!

The following page clearly states the TrueHD and DTS-HD Audio Bitstreaming is supported, GeForce GT 430 - Features - GeForce . However, reading the 'PureVideo' table on the page Tony posted above it looks like these capabilites was introduced first in Feature Set D (e.g. GT520). It left me a bit confused...

What about this one; Komplett.se - ASUS GeForce GT 430 1GB Direct CU Silent

Hope it will fit in my Antec NSK2480 case, the card looks slightly higher than a normal PCI card.

I have exactly that card and it bitstreams HD formats just fine

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Thanks Mylle!
    So is the card much higher than a normal card? The heatsink looks big. My NSK2480 (desktop) case is quite low, and there is only 15mm to spare, measuring from the top of metal bracket on the card to the cover of the case.

/jonas

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Thanks Mylle!
    So is the card much higher than a normal card? The heatsink looks big. My NSK2480 (desktop) case is quite low, and there is only 15mm to spare, measuring from the top of metal bracket on the card to the cover of the case.

/jonas

Hi Jonas,

The heatzink is about 5mm higher that the top of the metal bracket so you should be fine.

/Mylle

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I have been using a GT430 for a while now trying to find the best codec and setup for this system and came across this thread.
    I am very interested in using LAV CUVID with the Tesla Driver.
    I have LAV CUVID setup and working, I think it's setup correctly, and was wondering someone would be so good as to paste a screen grab of the best settings for this codec.
    And also I looked on the Guru3D.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin site but couldn't find where to download the 'Tesla Driver and required .inf file? Not sure how this works, could someone also paste links here for the required drivers, etc please.

Would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Download the drivers (for Win7 64-bit) from here - NVIDIA DRIVERS 276.42 WHQL

Use something like 7-zip to extract the driver folders from the downloaded .exe, then go into the 'Display.Driver' folder - you should see a 'nv_disp.inf' file, make a backup copy of it, then replace it with the modified inf file attached below. Install the drivers by running 'setup.exe' from the top level folder - you'll get a warning because they are no longer 'signed' drivers.

And of course it's not my fault if it all goes pear shaped and wrecks your system :) (but seriously, always create a Windows system protection/restore snapshot before doing something like this - it only takes a minute and it's the easiest way to roll things back if you have problems).

Tony

Note: the attached .inf file is only for the Quadro/Tesla 64-bit 276.42 drivers linked to above.

Attachments

• Tesla64bit_276_42_GT430_mod_nv_disp_inf.zip
      11.5 KB

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    Hi Owlsroost, thats excellent, many thanks for the links and attachment.
    Just one last thing about the optimal LAV CUVID settings, whats the best way to have these setup?

kind regards.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I'm gonna order this card tomorrow (unless someone here can give me a reason not to):

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Grafikkort- ASUS ENGT430 DC SL/DI/1GD3

Been quite happy with my ASUS 9400 GT card for a couple of years now, but I think it's time to move on to bigger and quiter things. :) The only thing that bothers me about the 430 is that the cooling part is kinda big. I just hope it doesn't interfere with my case closing. :D

Emph

logifuse

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Just one last thing about the optimal LAV CUVID settings, whats the best way to have these setup?

kind regards.

The default settings should be right. Here are mine (for LAV CUVID) attached. I'm not using LAV Filters (LAV video) as it messes with my FFDShow use for AVIs, but the settings are lagely the same.

Attachments

• LAV Settings.JPG
      LAV Settings.JPG
      33.7 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

kind regards.

The default settings should be right. Here are mine (for LAV CUVID) attached. I'm not using LAV Filters (LAV video) as it messes with my FFDShow use for AVIs, but the settings are lagely the same.

Please note that LAV CUVID (the standalone video decoder for Nvidia cards) is not the latest version. Instead always use the LAV video decoder that has the CUDA based decoder which is the same as CUVID decoder was. Also it is recommended to enable the VC1 for Nvidia - it works for VC1i content as well.

logifuse

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Please note that LAV CUVID (the standalone video decoder for Nvidia cards) is not the latest version. Instead always use the LAV video decoder that has the CUDA based decoder which is the same as CUVID decoder was.

I know, that's why I said:

Here are mine (for LAV CUVID) attached. I'm not using LAV Filters (LAV video) as it messes with my FFDShow use for AVIs, but the settings are lagely the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom