[NVIDIA] GT430 (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'd read it was inherent with nvidia drivers.. I think its always hand shaking. Bot beyond my expertise tbh! Nothings ever easy is it!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Does this happen outside of MediaPortal as well? Running 1.2.3 final, I couldn't use Automatic Refresh Rate Changer as the lipsync broke right away. However, running 1.3.0. Alpha, using HDMI audio works 100%, even with ARRC enabled.

Emph

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    The handshaking caused me issues in windows too yes. Regarding lipsync with HD TV streams with DD audio.. I think I use refresh rate changed to get 24p on my movies.. I'll try turning it off. It does set the correct 60hz though. Thanks.

I'm 1.2.3 too

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    How hot do you find these cards (430) run ? I have one in my HTPC. Even with a noisy fan, it still gets very hot (70 - 80 C I guess).

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How hot do you find these cards (430) run ? I have one in my HTPC. Even with a noisy fan, it still gets very hot (70 - 80 C I guess).
    Mine runs in the upper 60's C, even over 70 C on these hot summer days. And that's with active cooling. I should mention though that it's pretty crowded inside my HTPC case, with only a few millimeters of space between the heatsink and the tuner card next to it. It used to run even hotter until I forced the space open as far as I could with a rubber spacer. I guess inadequate airflow is the problem in my case.

But otherwise I am very pleased with the GT430. Every video I throw at it plays with absolute perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom