[NVIDIA] GT430 (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Had a bit more time for some playing about and even with the refresh changer it's not missing a beat :)

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    Well I just got my Asus GT 430 Silent today it fits in one slot..

Mediaportal GUI is is a lot faster. HDMI Sound works. 1080i Tv Channels look Very Good.

I have just send back a ati 5450 also Silent.. This was a upgrade to my onboard ati 4250. But it was a bag of crap I would lose sound if I turn the tv off and then back on.. I would have to unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in. Also would lose sound on the ati 4250 but only every now and then.

Only bad point about the GT430 is price. Cost me around £60. The GT520 is about £35.. ATI 5450 was a lot cheaper at £20..

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I was surprised at the speed increase too - It's all soooooo much more responsive.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What driver are you using for the card? I'm still seeing very slight A/V sync issues with my GT430 and Sky HD channels. Convinced its the video driver..

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hmm, finally got around to trying that driver.. soon as I installed it I started getting loads of dropped frames with HDTV :/ I'm beginning to wish I brought a slightly more powerful card now.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hmm... might be worth posting in the 'problems' thread...
    Sounds like there's a problem somewhere - I've just started using the HDMI Audio through the card too, and it's sweet...

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I went back to the Teslas and the problem went away. I tried HDMI audio but it kept cutting in and out and lost windows sounds etc. Hard work :-/

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Weird that - I just removed the Audio jack from the PC and told the TV to use the 'Digital' audio - viola.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom