GUI hangs when switching tv channel in fullscreen (1 Viewer)

chrish

May 24, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I also get the problem with the StreamedMP and Monochrome skins, so it is not specific to Blue3Wide. I just tried deleting the tv logos, and I did not see the problem straightaway like before. I will continue without logos for a while and see if it happens again.

Are you using ForTheRecord for your TV, or the MediaPortal standard TV? I am using ForTheRecord, but I remember this happening before I installed ForTheRecord. If anyone can suggest an easy way to disable ForTheRecord I will see if I can reproduce with the standard TV client.

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So glad i found this post, as it's been driving me mad

I had been using an Nvidia 8500 GT since i started using MediaPortal, but upgraded to an ATI 4550
    to get extra outputs and Nvidia didn't have any fanless options available.

Ever since then, I regularly get a complete lock up when watching TV and using the Info button

As I watch TV in the morning and timeshift, it has been a nightmare as I keep pressing "i" to
    get the current time and it locks up completely and i have to use task manager to exit and loose the timeshift.

Since i've deleted all my TV logos, the freezing has gone.

It's unfortunate to loose my logos, but at least it no longer crashes

I'd say definately an ATI problem and definately a TV logo problem.

Tried different ATI drivers, but didn't seem to change anything, currently using 9.8.

Major crash in logs seem to talk about Memory Corruption :confused:

Did anyone find a solution to keep their logos ?
    Is there a specific size / bit / dimensions that could be causing this, i have included one
    i use within the log rar.

Either way, I still have Nvidia and plan to reinstall as i'd rather live without the extra output
    and have my TV logos back, which is where i was heading anyway but initially thought it may
    have been residual corruption from the Graphics card change.

But as it was still present after I reinstalled O/S and MP, It all pointed to ATI.

Just want to check before i go down this route.

:D

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, forgot to add that I've not experienced the freeze during a channel change
    although maybe just been lucky as it is related to the info bar getting displayed on screen

Also the freeze only applies to the picture and ability to use any controls to get out
    of Mediaportal. The sound keeps on going.

cheers

chrish

May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you use ForTheRecord? It would be good to establish whether or not this might be causing the problem.
    Also, what other ATI driver versions have you tried? I have found a couple of other threads that suggest using version 7.2 or lower:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/installation-configuration-support-53/xp-vista-known-issues-mediaportal-36529/

Unofficial Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H Mboard HTPC Thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum

I will try this when I get the chance, although I am likely to be too busy for the next couple of weeks.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    i dont use 4tr.lets say that the problem is on ati drivers but why with skin black and white 1080 i dont have this issue?

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't use 4therecord either, although was planning to install it, but didn't want to add
    anything else till i found out what the freezing problem was.

Good news I can go ahead with that now:)

I did see some of the posts on using earlier ATI drivers, but here in NZ there are dozens of posts
    on our geekzone forum about the nightmares other users have had with green screen issues with
    ATI cards due to the varient of H264 we use here, so was hesitant to go down that route.

I only went with ATI as this had been reported as fixed from 9.7 >

Not sure if this may also be relevant in that it only affects H264 broadcasts,
    will check it out with some MPEG2 later.

I will also test out some ATI drivers <= 7.2 and Black and white 1080 skin also.

It is easily recreatable for me to test , just have to press "i" button on remote a few times and it'll freeze pretty quickly on one of the presses, so i'll know straight away. (usually within 5-10)

cheers

jan.schreibe

Portal Member
    January 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

is there any news on that issue? I'm experiecing the same issue for some month (using ATI Catalyst 9.3 up to 9.9) and i'm glad i found this thread. I just need to hit info several times and it freezes within 30 seconds maximum.

I would love to get rid of this without having to delete the logos.

thank you and kind regards

jan schreiber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom