Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've a really big issue with gui- speed. If I scroll through my list of 200 series it's so slow that it's mainly unusable at all. I can't encounter any errors, so I really don't know what's wrong. My sys- specs are uptodate. I'm using 1.2 RC and TVSeries 3.0.5. If it's important I also use recent FanartHandler (2.3.0.522) ...

I've attached log file (debug mode) and a short screen video witch shows how slow TVSeries really works here. I've changed to default skin (did not make any difference at all witch skin is in use) just to prevent skin errors. On other plugins like my 1.000++ Movies in Moving Pictures or 50.000 Music titles all works like a charm and really smooth... This is only on MPTVseries. If I change view from CoverFlow to Posterlist, Bannerlist,... it's all the same behaviour...

The action shown on video is starting MP go to TVSeries, press and hold cursor right button on remote. It's real Time, no slow motion...
    When I finally found the episode I want to watch, I can do this without issues. As long as I stay inside the series, then all is OK. But soon as I want to play an episode from a different series, pain starts all new again.

The problem appears slowly and widely unrecognised but with every day the problem gets bigger and bigger. If this will keep growing, in some weeks I can't scroll to end of list at all.

The only Thing I can imagine is that I use this database since years now without creating a complete new one. I always did an update only on new Versions of TVSeries. Creating new DB would be a huge thing as I'm on a painful slow internet connection here. To create new DB will last more than 24 Hours, I'm sure. So I did not test this up to now.

Attachments

• Video.zip
      4.4 MB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: GUI is incredible slow

Hi.
    Thanks.
    I've tried this before without effect. But I do it again now. The size of DB3 file decreases from 33,8 to 32,3 MB but GUI Speed did not change. I've checked DB (is OK), reindexed DB, nothing helps at all.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Have you tried reverting to Normal Logging? SQL Logging is a killer on performance!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    Thanks.
    I have Log Level set to "Normal" on regular use. I only change this today for generating as much logs as possible. With "Normal" Log Level GUI performance is the same as seen in Video.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Does your CPU usage increases massively while you're in TVSeries? You can check with Process Explorer: double click on MEdiaPortal.exe, Threads tab, check which thread bothers CPU.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you also tried changing the setting for the General tab of "on play action of series or season view" change from play first unwatched episode to do nothing, this solved a issue I had with TVSeries keeping MP running when I had shut it down from homescreen :confused:

Had to manually kill MP in task manager.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    Does your CPU usage increases massively while you're in TVSeries?
    Yes, it does raise to nearly 100% during scrolling. After I release remote button it goes down to normal (10-15%)

Have you also tried changing the setting for the General tab of "on play action of series or season view" change from play first unwatched episode to do nothing
    Did not try before. Test it now, but without any notable effect. Maybe it's a little, little bit faster so, but that could also be just imagine.

Edit:
    I've watches CPU usage on MovingPictures also. There the cpu load is at 60-70% during scrolling in Coverflow view. Seems a bit to high too, but this did not lead into stutter as it does on TVSeries 100% CPU Load.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Have you also tried changing the setting for the General tab of "on play action of series or season view" change from play first unwatched episode to do nothing, this solved a issue I had with TVSeries keeping MP running when I had shut it down from homescreen :confused:

Had to manually kill MP in task manager.

Could you please reproduce that issue with this DLL: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...iaportal-1-2-0rc-99935/index2.html#post784945 and report back in that thread with logs?

@Lehmden: so what thread does CPU spike belong? Perhaps make new video ;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    I've downloaded process explorer. The high CPU load is due various instances of "mscorwks.dll"

Attachments

• TVS.zip
      2.3 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom