Guide: MediaPortal on Asus Eee Box PC EB1012 running Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

Scottydog

Portal Member
August 25, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi - im having similar problems with ION chipset, on a Zotac ION motherboard (N330 Atom CPU) running Windows 7 64bit, 2GB RAM as a client, on MP 1.1 RC1.
I can watch and record HD TV on my high spec server no problem, which is also running Windows 7 64bit, 8GB RAM, 6TB Hard drives, 1GB HD Graphics card etc BUT my 3 MP clients (all running MP 1.1 RC1) can't stream liveHD TV (Live) without video 'stuttering'! I have EVERYTHING else streaming to my MP clients perfectly, including SD TV but just not HD TV.......please help!
My 3 clients are all different - 1 ZOTAC ION Dual Core N330 @ 1.6GHz (Windows 7), a Dual Core Intel @ 2.5GHz with integrated NVidia HD chipset (Windows Vista 32) and a Dual Core HD capable Intel CPU Laptop running at 2.3GHZ (Windows XP) - all 3 clients have 2GB RAM, running MP 1.1 RC1.

I have tried lots of CODECS, including DivX 8.xx, Cyberlink PDVD 9 & 8, Arcsoft, Microsoft DTV, MP etc etc but they all suffer from the same 'stuttering' problem - some clients are slightly better than others but all unwatchable.
All clients are connected via 1Gb Ethernet to a D-Link router, which is updated with the latest firmware..........I thought it might be a network traffic problem.

I've been using MP for a couple of years now, so I know the configuration quite well but this one problem has beat me :eek:(

Can anyone help???

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Guide: MediaPortal on Asus Eee Box PC EB1012 running Windows 7

I use EB1501 under Windows 7 and MCE remote control without problems and special drivers.
    Configurator of last SVN contraines flag "Use MP Tray" or something like this. Switch on this to be able to start MP used remote controle.
    How fast is MP on your device? I have some problems in case huge folders on net works drives.

well, a late feedback.... but.... I am still not able to use the original remote of the eb1501 without external programs (intelliremote in my case).

How did you manage to do that? Configuring in MP (MCE Remote and HID Device) did simply not work. No button was recognized.
    Are you still running the Win7 Mediacenter, I mean do you still have it installed?

Thanks for any help!

Paglioni

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    i think the "use MP tray" is only for launching mediaportal instead of mediacenter with the green button

with the settings i wrote, MCE remote and General HID, i can use nearly all buttons on the remote.. not sure about some, but the most usefull ones are working BUT the info button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom