Guide stopped working. Using mc2xml. No guide data. (1 Viewer)

T^2

Portal Pro
December 9, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Up until now I've had no problems with guide data. I have XMLTV/mc2xml setup and PowerScheduler set to update every night at 3 am. Until the guide stopped working, I've not touched a thing in regards to it's setup. Now I can't get guide data at all. I've reviewed the setup procedures and everything looks correct. I've attached logs and my mc2xml folder content. It was last updated this morning at around 9 am.

Attachments

• mc2xml.rar
    12.2 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks like the mapping from guide channels to MP channels in the XMLTV plugin has been lost, possibly because the ID/name of the guide channels has changed. Fix and save the mapping, force-reimport, and you should get EPG back.

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Looks like the mapping from guide channels to MP channels in the XMLTV plugin has been lost, possibly because the ID/name of the guide channels has changed. Fix and save the mapping, force-reimport, and you should get EPG back.

That's the first thing that I tried. Didn't work. Navigate XMLTV plugin/Mappings. Select Partial Match. Select All Channels. Click on Load/Refresh. Everything comes up white and looks correct. Save and then close - go into MP - and no guide.

"Fix" = ?[DOUBLEPOST=1395068003][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's the mapping screen shot...
    2014-03-17 10_50_35-MediaPortal - TV Server Configuration.png

Last edited:

T^2

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Odd... Did all the above and forced re-import - which I had tried several times before. For some reason it worked this time...Guide is back. Wonder why it worked this time and not the many attempts before....?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    The mc2xml data source seems to take vacation on some weekends. I saw an update Sat 3:58 am, but did not see an update Sun 3:44 am or Mon 3:29 am. I hope they had a nice road trip and are back to work today/tonite and I get new EPG info. Most of the times I see "no data" is on weekend updates. On a few occasions the data source seems to take an extended vacation that lasts for 1+ week. When that happens there are messages on WMC forums asking about EPG updates and I start looking into WebEPG or WebGrab++ as a backup plan.

longjohn119

Portal Member
    October 29, 2010
    And know you all know why having your programs and data served from a "Cloud" is a really really bad idea if you want dependability and reliability ...... If Microsoft can't get something this relatively simple to work imagine what the MS Office served from a Cloud is going to be like when it breaks .... and it will

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    hmm no new data today, I did not check before but my EPG data ends on Friday March 21 4 PM. My last active EPG update was Sat 03/15/2014 3:58:38.88 125 channels, 53826 programs scheduled. but did not return the full 14 days of data.

There are a couple non-MePo threads on this, thegreenbutton thread started March 12 last week, and made me double check my EPG dates.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1522996/wmc-epg-missing-data
    http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7112

Guess its time to setup WebGrab++ for tvguide.com to keep EPG up to date. Note there are problems with the default tvguide.com ini file. You need to get an up to date version and the setup instructions are different.

DaltonST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Regarding finding no updates this past Sunday, according to the mc2xml developer at http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/ "It appears that media center server listings are only updated once a day at most, sometimes less frequently (and never on Sunday's). "

Microsoft doesn't work on Sundays...

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    It is a Microsoft issue which has been acknowledged in their ticket system. No updates of EPG data after March 21, 2014.

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1...2777/media-center-guide-listings-not-updating
    (free login required)

Posted by Microsoft on 3/13/2014 at 10:38 AM
    Hello, We're aware of the issue and are investigating. Sorry about the
    inconvenience.
    This is interesting... I was leaning toward the fact that as MS Windows XP support is going away they may no longer be doing the Microsoft Legacy option of mc2xml. Thoughts?

To that end I was going to see if the Microsoft option yeilds any better results... I'm running Win 7 but set these batch files and tasks up years ago while I was still under XP and not running any MCE. Now with a CableCard I need MCE for DRM and now that MP is supporting CC I may miagrate more of the programming away from MCE :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom