H E X A G O N new skin Beta release ! (1 Viewer)

jontaz1000

Portal Member
October 10, 2005
Sweden
Who cares if theboxhead finishes or not, open source is all about people working together anyway, right :D , so far he has begun work on the best looking skins ever!

theboxhead for teh win!

I also agree that the red looks good, but for those who don't it would be good if an all-gray version was made as well.

Keep up your awsome work dude, my hat goes off to you!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well I have to appologize. I didn't want to get you upset - it looks like I TOTALY misunderstood what you were trying to do and I appologize. I am sorry. I just thought if you were trying to vreate a skin that was trying to please others instead of yourself you would get many opinions and would never finsh it based on differing opinions. To be quite honest I liked both of your skin designs (well except for the dragon itslef - but again that is just one persons opinion and many many others like it) both of the basic designs looks clean and well thought out.

Again - I apologize and really hope you can look back on the skins that you have worked on with a sense of pride and accomplishment. They look good.

I will try to watch what I say to not offend anyone in the future.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I really like it, and for those not liking the grey they can easily apply shades of colour to each file. Leaves plenty of room for a whole collection of Hexagon releases, all different colours :)

civikdude

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    U.S.A.
    theboxhead - I will be testing this shortly. Screenshots look hot!!

Please don't think your time and efforts have gone unnoticed. Believe me, PLENTY of users will be using your skins. PLENTY...

Regards,
    Aaron

theboxhead

Portal Member
    September 4, 2005
    Okay sorry for no posting.
    Skin is still missing some OSD elements and tweaks.
    Have not been able to finish the rest due to heavy work, real life etc.

EDIT:
    For those in here who nags about skins not beeing finished fuck off.
    simple as that ;)

bitbyte

Portal Member
    October 2, 2005
    EDIT:
    For those in here who nags about skins not beeing finished fuck off.
    simple as that ;) [/quote]

Hmm, think I just lost interest...

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I get an error when trying to use Hexagon.

Anything to do with my resolution? (720x576), I run on a 4:3 PAL TV .

Code:
    31/10/2005 22:28:55 xml:skin\Hexagon\tvOSD.xml image id:350 width:0 height:0 gfx:-
    31/10/2005 22:28:55 xml:skin\Hexagon\videoOSD.xml image id:350 width:0 height:0 gfx:-
    31/10/2005 22:28:55   WindowManager.Load
    31/10/2005 22:28:55   load calibration720x576.xml
    31/10/2005 22:28:55   WindowManager.Preinitialize
    31/10/2005 22:29:05 AllocResources exception:Error in the application.
    -2005529767 (D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.TextureLoader.FromFile(Device device, String srcFile, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 mipLevels, Usage usage, Format format, Pool pool, Filter filter, Filter mipFilter, Int32 colorKey, ImageInformation& srcInformation, PaletteEntry[]& palette)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.TextureLoader.FromFile(Device device, String srcFile, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 mipLevels, Usage usage, Format format, Pool pool, Filter filter, Filter mipFilter, Int32 colorKey, ImageInformation& srcInformation)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.LoadPackedGraphics(Int32 index)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.Get(String fileName, Single& uoffs, Single& voffs, Single& umax, Single& vmax, Int32& iWidth, Int32& iHeight, Texture& tex, Int32& TextureNo)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextureManager.GetPackedTexture(String strFileName, Single& uoff, Single& voff, Single& umax, Single& vmax, Int32& textureWidth, Int32& textureHeight, Texture& tex, Int32& _packedTextureNo)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage.AllocResources()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.AllocResources()
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.TextureLoader.FromFile(Device device, String srcFile, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 mipLevels, Usage usage, Format format, Pool pool, Filter filter, Filter mipFilter, Int32 colorKey, ImageInformation& srcInformation, PaletteEntry[]& palette)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.TextureLoader.FromFile(Device device, String srcFile, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 mipLevels, Usage usage, Format format, Pool pool, Filter filter, Filter mipFilter, Int32 colorKey, ImageInformation& srcInformation)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.Get(String fileName, Single& uoffs, Single& voffs, Single& umax, Single& vmax, Int32& iWidth, Int32& iHeight, Texture& tex, Int32& TextureNo)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextureManager.GetPackedTexture(String strFileName, Single& uoff, Single& voff, Single& umax, Single& vmax, Int32& textureWidth, Int32& textureHeight, Texture& tex, Int32& _packedTextureNo)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl.AllocResources()
    31/10/2005 22:29:05 InitializeDeviceObjects() exception:Error in the application.
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIAnimation.AllocResources()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWaitCursor.Init()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.PreInit()
       at MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
       at MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom