1.16.0 Hangs on multiseat setup when server not available (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.16.0

Description
    Hi,

I just installed 1.16 yesterday, had 1.16pre before. No other changes made to my setup.
    I had it several times now that MePo would hang on "initializing input devices" when the server was not reachable at that moment (a condition which may occur when the server does not wake up fast enough after start of my HTPC, workaround by delaying MP startup for some seconds on startup/resume in settings).

Behaviour before was normal startup and a notification that connection to the server was lost; when server was back online again, everything works normal.

Logfile colletion attached.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Install 1.16 in multiseat setup. Start client when server is not available.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the report

Please can you try to reproduce the problem with Watchdog option 1 to confirm that the problem is not caused by a plugin (eg. FritzBox).

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mmmmh, condition seems to be triggered by sth else. Shut down my server, started with Watchdog 1 and 2, started both times. Logs attached. Dont know what is causing the hang from post 1, which has happened several times since yesterday.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit: Next two boot attempts stuck there again (server was online). Third wnt through without any problems. Currently i have no idea anymore what is causing this.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit: Next two boot attempts stuck there again (server was online). Third wnt through without any problems. Currently i have no idea anymore what is causing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom