Anonymous

Re: happy to help

vbgeezer said:
List of features
List of coming soon or in devlepment
Screen shots
Supported hardware list

So, if you wnat me, just ask.

Agree on all, I will take it upon me to tweak the homepage a bit in this area. I don't have all information needed but some and I will start with that. This will happen during x-mas.

A

Anonymous

vbgeezer:

List of features:
http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/features.html (Site navigation - Features)

List of coming soon or in devlepment:
Difficult to make as when something is made up, it is already coded and implemented in CVS. Very hard for a dynamic program like MP to keep track of that.

Screen shots:
http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html (Site navigation - Screenshots)

Supported hardware list
http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/requirements.html (Site navigation - Requirements)

Oke it maybe need a little tweaking (not very much), but it is certainly easy to find. The website almost put you off? Well your posting almost p***** me off! But lets keep it nice.

Samsonite:
So I don't see what you want to do/change Samsonite, since it is a very good site already.

A

Anonymous

Aurora13 said:
List of coming soon or in devlepment:
Difficult to make as when something is made up, it is already coded and implemented in CVS. Very hard for a dynamic program like MP to keep track of that.

Perfectly suited for a wiki.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Aurora,

problem is that some people, or some browsers, cannot find the menu I think.
    It will be better If we make that more obvious I think.

A

Anonymous

mama said:
    That´s my problem. Dunno why, but with my Firefox I can´t access this menue at home, but in my office. Settings are the same.

I have zero problems with Firefox. I love Firefox and will never go back to IE (at home.) Unfortunately at work I am forced to use IE. But that's where I have the problems with the MP frontpage. I'd say about 20% of the time the yellow navigation icon doesn't show up on IE. I hit SHFT+refresh and then it appears.

Other than that, it's a great page. I find a few of the feaures annoying but there aren't very many pages that don't annoy me in one way or another. Overall, a VERY good effort. Better than many corporate sites I've seen.

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Oops.. almost forgot to reply to the whole intent of the message..

Reason I wanted some moral support from the dev team is I've had some bad experiences with uptight dev teams.. Not going to mention names *Cough..AOL..Cough* but because of that experience I want to get support/concensus before I dive into anything.

So here's what I plan on doing. Like most of you I don't have much spare time. I work for my employer during the day and run my own business at night. But because I love this product and I would like to contribute to it, I will try to work on a marketing strategy. As I develop it I will post it here under an appropriate thread for feedback. Does that sound acceptable?

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

EvilDreamer said:
    Oops.. almost forgot to reply to the whole intent of the message..

Reason I wanted some moral support from the dev team is I've had some bad experiences with uptight dev teams.. Not going to mention names *Cough..AOL..Cough* but because of that experience I want to get support/concensus before I dive into anything.

So here's what I plan on doing. Like most of you I don't have much spare time. I work for my employer during the day and run my own business at night. But because I love this product and I would like to contribute to it, I will try to work on a marketing strategy. As I develop it I will post it here under an appropriate thread for feedback. Does that sound acceptable?

Cheers!

That sounds great. Looking forward to see what you come up with on this subject :)

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    Aurora,

problem is that some people, or some browsers, cannot find the menu I think.
    It will be better If we make that more obvious I think.

Along the same vein, I have a very strange problem using the Wiki. If I use a link to read a section, when I go back to the previous section, the text is missing unless I hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse over the text are --- then it shows up. Its very strange and needless to say makes using the Wiki fairly confusing. Self-concealing text :)

Using IE 6.0.2900.2182 Win-XP/SP2

A

Anonymous

jsteele said:
    Along the same vein, I have a very strange problem using the Wiki. If I use a link to read a section, when I go back to the previous section, the text is missing unless I hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse over the text are --- then it shows up. Its very strange and needless to say makes using the Wiki fairly confusing. Self-concealing text :)

Using IE 6.0.2900.2182 Win-XP/SP2

Interesting, since i'm using firefox i didn't notice this. I'll try to solve it. But it seems being IE to have a problem with CSS. The code is 100% valid HTML, so have to look for some workaround, but i can't promise anything...

Dek

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom