Hard and big! (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

dek

Thanks. I remarked on it as this is the first time I have ever seen this behavior. We do significant web-based applications development for clients and we've never encountered this problem with IE. Our work is exclusively global corporate intranet systems and we don't have to support anything except IE.

A

Anonymous

dek said:
Interesting, since i'm using firefox i didn't notice this. I'll try to solve it. But it seems being IE to have a problem with CSS. The code is 100% valid HTML, so have to look for some workaround, but i can't promise anything...

Dek

I have a work around... DOWNLOAD FIREFOX!!!

Use Firefox for a day and you'll never WANT to go back to IE. (but MS forces you to do so for product updates.)

FYI - IE has never really completely adhered to HTML and CSS standards. For example, IE will render an "area" property to a "inline" tag. Under HTML 4.01, you cannot apply an area property such as width (meant for table cells and such) to an inline tag such as <SPAN>. A completely compliant browser will just ignore that property. IE, however will notice the option and improperly apply the option. Some lazy web designers have gotten used to this flaw and have started using this as a standard. The result is the page is usually unreadable in a HTML 4.01 compliant browser.

Any other useless trivia I can share?

A

Anonymous

overhere in holland....

...I'm wondering :roll: if there's a dutch interest in organizing mediaportalshows. It could allow local hifi sales to sell quality portalgear while we get our well deserved attention.

[/stupid tags incorporated]

A

Anonymous

EvilDreamer said:
Unfortunately at work I am forced to use IE.

If you don't have sufficient admin rights, group policy restrictions, etc why not try Portable Firefox:

http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_firefox/

Its fantastic. It compresses firefox into less than 9MB on a USB key and runs directly from it. It doesn't install anything locally, make changes to the registry or leave things in your profile. Once its up and running it is very quick, all you might need to change are the proxy settings for your corporate setup. Who needs to synchronise bookmarks/favourites anymore, just carry them with you. 8)

A

Anonymous

forbes said:
If you don't have sufficient admin rights, group policy restrictions, etc why not try Portable Firefox:

http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_firefox/

VERY COOL! :eek: I carry a Zip 250 disk back and forth from work to home. I'll try it on that.

I know... how big and bulky (and low tech.) Money already invested that I don't want to waste. Besides, I can put the disc in the breast pocket of my motorcycle jacket and I don't even notice it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom