Hardware acceleration (1 Viewer)

M. Mulder

February 23, 2006
Hi,

Does the newest version of MediaPortol require hardware accelaration of the videocard (graphic card)?

I want to use it in combination with the Office Station (L100) from
NComputing
http://www.ncomputing.com/index.htm.

But it doesn't support hardware acceleration

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Interesting device, you might not get a definate answer out of that one. It seems to act like a pc extender, so its basically using a user logon on another pc and all its computing power and just asking like a remote connetor. Only problem I can see (apart from whether itll work/fast enough) is it says max supported colours are 65k which is about as good as a mobile phone screen.

M. Mulder

February 23, 2006
    Callifo,

It supports 32 bits colour. I have already installed the card and my screen looks fine.

Why do I ask this question:

I read that the newest version of MediaPortal doesn't support Savage #D cards. That's axactly the chip on the Applica card. I think it is impossible that MediaPortal is going to work. What do you think?

But I also found another device from Ncomputing
    http://www.ncomputing.com/

It connat work with hardware acceleration such as 3D games, but will it work with MediaPortal. I hope so, because then I order the Officestation 10.

Greetings,

Machiel

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    From their FAQ:
    Q What games can I play?
    A You can only run 2D games and Internet casual games such as a java and flash type.
    Refer to the list below for what is not supported through NStation :
    - 3D games that require GPU or hardware accelerator.
    - Single user game that requires the program CD.
    - Runs at only one registered PC and checks the IP address of the system.
    They probably mean that it does not support decent DirectX. I fear this will most certainly not work in any practical setup. Put simply: from the PC's point of view, there is no big difference between mediaportal and a 3D game.

M. Mulder

February 23, 2006
    You probably right, the folks on Ncomputing are going to test MediaPortal on the officestation.

Isn't there a virtual converter that converts VMR 9 to VMR 7.

The renderer is removed out of the new realease of MediaPortal.
    MeduaPortal gives a pop-up screen that I have to install DirectX 9 SDK, but it make no difference. Why is that the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom