harmony remote and usbuirt IR to control MP? (1 Viewer)

bergsprekken

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
I have the usb-uirt ir receiver for pc installed and it blinks when i hit something on the remote control.
The remote is Harmony 785 set to control "windows media center". I tried to set the remote settings in mediportal to mce control but it doesnt work. Is there something more i need for mediaportal to receive the commands, any software or remote drivers? Ive installed the drivers for usb-uirt..so I thought the only thing needed was to set harmony to act as a mce remote?

TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue3
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 duo E6300 @ 1.86GHZ
HDD: Western Digital 74GB
Memory: 2GB DDR2
Motherboard: Asus P5K Deluxe wifi
Video Card: HSI Radeon HD 4650 silent
Video Card Driver: 8.561
Sound Card: ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.0.50000.8
1. TV Card: Digital-Everywhere FloppyDTV T/CI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.8.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: SilverStone
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Panasonic th42
TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

piairo

March 20, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hi Bergsprekken,

Similar problem as you for the time, did you found a solution?

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i am having the same problem again as it was about two years ago:
    drivers installed and USBUIRT connected to an USBport but MP doesnt recognize either driver or device...

could someone of the devs look into that problem?
    thanks in advance

mike0999

Portal Member
    June 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Usbuirt IR to control MP?

Hi

I know this is an old thread, but I recently purchased a USBUIRT to use with mediaportal. It works briefly, and I can get it configured using the learn commands, but it will at some point just stop working. Also, if I go back to the mediaportal configuration program after it has stopped working, the check box that I selected to activate USBUIRT will have become unchecked on its own, and mediaportal tells me that the driver for the USBUIRT is not installed if I try to check the box again. If I go to the device manager, though, the driver is installed and says that it is working properly. Also, I can see that the device is responding to transmission of RF by flashing when I press the remote.

Any thoughts? I am using the latest SVN version of mediaportal. I suppose I can uninstall everything and try it with the latest beta and alternatively production release.

Has anyone else experienced that problem? Any suggestions? I didn't see anything in any of the logs that was useful.

bergsprekken

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hello

You should try to use EventGhost with its usb-uirt "plugin". I havent been able to set up usb-uirt and a remote with mediaportals own setup controls, but when I installed EventGhost and chose the usb-uirt plugin the remote suddenly works in mediaportal client.
    EventGhost

mike0999

Portal Member
    June 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks. I'll give that a try. I'm actually wondering if I might have some sort of software conflict, but we'll see.

D3tritus

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    I'm seeing something similar. Sometimes my USB UIRT just stops working with Mediaportal. I don't see any change in config or any driver issues, however, and simply shutting down MP and starting it again generally fixes the issue. It's intermittent though and difficult to reproduce... :(

mdg78

Portal Member
    February 23, 2009
    Providence, RI
    Home Country
    Just to add my experience here, I'm using a USB-UIRT with MP without an issue. I originally got the USB-UIRT to blast commands, so I had IRSS plugin set up for that. MY case has an imon pad, which I find pretty crummy. When I recently got a new remote, I used IRSS to get the commands from the USB-UIRT to MP, and it works pretty well. It took a while to set up (but I'm not using a MCE remote, which I think is supposed to go pretty quickly) but I haven't had any problems with it. I haven't tried the build-in USB-UIRT support in MPconfig, though. Don't know if this will help anyone. I would assume that EventGhost would work just as well as an earlier poster suggested, but I haven't used it.

Michael

D3tritus

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    Hmmm. I'm not using the IR Server Suite, but the built-in support. I'll look into installing IRSS and give that a try. Sounds like it could resolve the issues. I'll post back here next week once I've had time to look into it. Thanks for the post. :)

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2009
    Home Country
    I couldn't get my harmony to work with most functions in Mediaportal with the built in remote settings. I installed IR Server Suite and completely disabled the remote in MediaPortal, then in IRSS I chose my Harmony as an MCE Remote and in the harmony software I programmed the Harmony to emulate an MCE remote and everything just worked immediately without any additional configuration. Without IRSS many MCE functions like pause and stop didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom